• 15(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-02-03, 04:28)sideshowdad Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 03:08)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 03:01)sideshowdad Wrote: Hey corona, i tried this again with not luck. Will the latest update you uploaded to github a few post back correct my issue if so how to i get it?

thanks,
kevin

Yes I think it should fix it.
It can take some time for kodi to auto-update addons, you can try to force it to detect: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Force_refresh
Then try going to netflixbmc in addond manager and hopefully the update button it lit, or uninstall - reinstall. That should bring in the new version immediately.

When you get the new version check in netflixbmc settings, there will be an advanced setting that should be on TLSv1, if not set it to that.

Hey corona, sorry to bug you again but i did the force update and am running 1.3.14 and check that i have it on TLSv1 but still get the following error, referring to the sslv3.. ahhhh

21:25:42 T:32 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
Traceback (most recent call last):

thanks so much for helping...Confused

Try clearing cookies from advanced settings, it may still be using a previously saved session without the SSL changes.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2015-02-03, 04:45)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 04:28)sideshowdad Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 03:08)corona Wrote: Yes I think it should fix it.
It can take some time for kodi to auto-update addons, you can try to force it to detect: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Force_refresh
Then try going to netflixbmc in addond manager and hopefully the update button it lit, or uninstall - reinstall. That should bring in the new version immediately.

When you get the new version check in netflixbmc settings, there will be an advanced setting that should be on TLSv1, if not set it to that.

Hey corona, sorry to bug you again but i did the force update and am running 1.3.14 and check that i have it on TLSv1 but still get the following error, referring to the sslv3.. ahhhh

21:25:42 T:32 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure

Try clearing cookies from advanced settings, it may still be using a previously saved session without the SSL changes.

Still nothing...uninstalled it and cleared cookies..still coming up with sslv3 error.. Will try tomorrow on another pc.thanks...

edit:

hey corona,
I uninstalled kodi/netflixbmc(1.3.14) and re-installed as well as installed it on other pc with the same error using tlsv1 option. Don't see where its getting sslv3 even checking the default.py file there is no reference. Driving me crazy I wonder if its to do with adfreetime and how they handle it?

09:25:08 T:2796 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1143, in <module>
index()
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 180, in index
if login():
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 747, in login
content = load(urlMain+"/Login")
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 123, in load
r = session.get(url, verify=False).text
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 469, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 457, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 569, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 420, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
-->End of Python script error report<--

thanks in advance...
Hi Corona,

The (very quick! much appreciated) update version .14 fixed the SSL issue for me. I did need to reset the security type back to TLSv1 in the plugin configuration though.
Thanks!

Edit: by the way on my Arch system, I needed to launch chrome with a custom shell script to fix audio (chrome launcher is not following Kodi settings for sound output) and full screen (by default google-chrome was not being controlled by a window manager), maybe this can be a later feature?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# for fullscreen chrome and set audio device
# http://dragly.org/2012/04/11/launching-apps-from-xbmcbuntu-eden/
#
#
/usr/bin/blackbox &
/usr/bin/google-chrome --alsa-output-device=plughw:1,0 "$@"
killall blackbox

exit 0
(2015-02-03, 05:15)sideshowdad Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 04:45)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 04:28)sideshowdad Wrote: Hey corona, sorry to bug you again but i did the force update and am running 1.3.14 and check that i have it on TLSv1 but still get the following error, referring to the sslv3.. ahhhh

Still nothing...uninstalled it and cleared cookies..still coming up with sslv3 error.. Will try tomorrow on another pc.thanks...

edit:

hey corona,
I uninstalled kodi/netflixbmc(1.3.14) and re-installed as well as installed it on other pc with the same error using tlsv1 option. Don't see where its getting sslv3 even checking the default.py file there is no reference. Driving me crazy I wonder if its to do with adfreetime and how they handle it?

09:25:08 T:2796 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1143, in <module>
index()
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 180, in index
if login():
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 747, in login
content = load(urlMain+"/Login")
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 123, in load
r = session.get(url, verify=False).text
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 469, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 457, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 569, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 420, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
-->End of Python script error report<--

thanks in advance...

I know someone else who uses adfreetime, I've sent them a message to see if that can try the new version.
Otherwise, if I find some time I might sign up and try it myself, it is cheaper than my geoblock services - as long as I can chose which services I want redirected and which ones not.

Quote:I know someone else who uses adfreetime, I've sent them a message to see if that can try the new version.
Otherwise, if I find some time I might sign up and try it myself, it is cheaper than my geoblock services - as long as I can chose which services I want redirected and which ones not.

Thanks....
(2015-01-30, 13:02)Soli Wrote: Got a little problem of Google Chrome not using the whole screen. There is a little bar at the bottom. It's not too bad, but I do wonder what the cause might be.
The same also happens when I launch a website using Chrome Launcher by itself. So it might not be a problem with Netflixbmc but nonetheless it might affect other users of Netflixbmc, and therefore the cause of this post.
My system:
Mac Mini 2006 upgraded with Core2Duo 2.33 running XBMCbuntu 13 64bit, but upgraded to Kodi 14.0 stable with apt-get. Should be identical to Kodibuntu save a few splash/wallpapers. I believe XBMCbuntu is using Openbox WM.

ATVclient is installed so it lets my use an Apple Remote in XBMC. The old Mac mini works more or less perfectly in XBMC.

For Netflixbmc I did the following

Added the Google Chrome PPA and have Google Chrome v40 stable installed.

Tearing in videos in Chrome was fixed by editing xorg.conf.
GFX card is 945GM. I have also tried to installing Intel Graphics Installer, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Google Chrome occupying only 60% of the screen (left side) instead of (almost) fullscreen was fixed by disabling Chrome control plugin in the advanced settings of Netflixbmc.

So the problem is that Google Chrome does not occupy the whole screen , as in fullscreen. There is a little black bar at the bottom. I have attached a picture that shows this (The loading text does dissapear after a couple of seconds, leaving only a black bar so it's not intrusive)
What could the problem be? Could it be the Openbox WM? Image

I almost hope it is because of Openbox, just waiting for an excuse to install Linux Mint with Cinnamon and it's not-so-bad support of HiDPI. (Which is nice also a standard 1080p display when you use it in the living room).
Just installed kodi on linux mint 17.1 on a hp chromebox. had to install intel graphics installer to make vaapi work, and also had to find a fix for the rgb full "bug". Anyways, it is exactly the same problem here. Havent anyone else got a problem with chrome not using the whole screen i.e the little black bar on the bottom? It's surely a problem with chrome launcher. (Using the version in coronas repo)
(2015-02-04, 07:26)Soli Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 13:02)Soli Wrote: Got a little problem of Google Chrome not using the whole screen. There is a little bar at the bottom. It's not too bad, but I do wonder what the cause might be.
The same also happens when I launch a website using Chrome Launcher by itself. So it might not be a problem with Netflixbmc but nonetheless it might affect other users of Netflixbmc, and therefore the cause of this post.
My system:
Mac Mini 2006 upgraded with Core2Duo 2.33 running XBMCbuntu 13 64bit, but upgraded to Kodi 14.0 stable with apt-get. Should be identical to Kodibuntu save a few splash/wallpapers. I believe XBMCbuntu is using Openbox WM.

ATVclient is installed so it lets my use an Apple Remote in XBMC. The old Mac mini works more or less perfectly in XBMC.

For Netflixbmc I did the following

Added the Google Chrome PPA and have Google Chrome v40 stable installed.

Tearing in videos in Chrome was fixed by editing xorg.conf.
GFX card is 945GM. I have also tried to installing Intel Graphics Installer, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Google Chrome occupying only 60% of the screen (left side) instead of (almost) fullscreen was fixed by disabling Chrome control plugin in the advanced settings of Netflixbmc.

So the problem is that Google Chrome does not occupy the whole screen , as in fullscreen. There is a little black bar at the bottom. I have attached a picture that shows this (The loading text does dissapear after a couple of seconds, leaving only a black bar so it's not intrusive)
What could the problem be? Could it be the Openbox WM? Image

I almost hope it is because of Openbox, just waiting for an excuse to install Linux Mint with Cinnamon and it's not-so-bad support of HiDPI. (Which is nice also a standard 1080p display when you use it in the living room).
Just installed kodi on linux mint 17.1 on a hp chromebox. had to install intel graphics installer to make vaapi work, and also had to find a fix for the rgb full "bug". Anyways, it is exactly the same problem here. Havent anyone else got a problem with chrome not using the whole screen i.e the little black bar on the bottom? It's surely a problem with chrome launcher. (Using the version in coronas repo)

It's probably related to issues I've attempted to fix that displayed in a similar fashion for me, but with large black bars down right side and bottom.

The problem as I see it is chrome kiosk/fullscreen doesn't actually resize the underlying render surface properly on linux.

If you start chrome with --maximise and not --kiosk it fills the screen.
If you start without maximise it opens at an arbitrary but consistent size (saved in user profile preferences).
if you start in --kiosk it has the same size surface as a non-maximised start, reading the size from preferences. --maximise doesn't do anything.

I've already added code that tries to calculate appropriate maximise size variables and inject them into the preferences file, which works well for me. Unfortunately the size variables aren't just a nice neat correlation to the resolution, you have to leave some arbitrary space for where menu bar would be (even though kiosk doesn't have a menu). perhaps this space is wrong for your screen's resolution.

A better way to do it would be (on first run) to automatically start chrome in non-kiosk mode, use some tool like xdotool to maximise the window (at which point chrome should save the new size variables to prefs), close chrome, then start in kiosk. simply starting chrome non-kiosk with --maximise displays the right size, but doesn't write prefs. you have to resize while chrome's running.

If you just want to fix your instance;
* turn on debug setting in chrome launcher and start netflix.
* look in debug log, it should print out the command line used to launch chrome.
* manually run the same command line in a terminal without the --kiosk argument
* while chrome is running shrink the window smaller, then press the maximise window button (presuming your window manager has one).
* close chrome.

This should save working size vars to the chrome prefs in the netflixbmc chrome user-dir

(2015-02-03, 01:02)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 13:35)TimTim Wrote: Hi Corona,
Trying to get the Netflixmbc add on working - looks great from what I've seen.
Add on installed fine, run into trouble trying to browse content. (I get an 'internal server error')

Can access Netflix fine via chrome, bouncing off of GetFlicks

Log file here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=412344

Would love some assistance.
Tim

Hey Tim,
I've seen this from a couple of people, but sorry to say I've no idea what causes it. I presume you mean Getflix, which is what I'm using so it's not just that.
Perhaps try the last option in advanced settions to reset the addon (will delete all plugin data). Will have to put in user/pass again, but maybe help if something on the system is getting in the way.

Cheers mate. Resetting the addon didnt fix it, but i'll keep an eye out on here for any updates.
T
(2015-02-04, 08:56)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 07:26)Soli Wrote: Just installed kodi on linux mint 17.1 on a hp chromebox. had to install intel graphics installer to make vaapi work, and also had to find a fix for the rgb full "bug". Anyways, it is exactly the same problem here. Havent anyone else got a problem with chrome not using the whole screen i.e the little black bar on the bottom? It's surely a problem with chrome launcher. (Using the version in coronas repo)

It's probably related to issues I've attempted to fix that displayed in a similar fashion for me, but with large black bars down right side and bottom.

The problem as I see it is chrome kiosk/fullscreen doesn't actually resize the underlying render surface properly on linux.

If you start chrome with --maximise and not --kiosk it fills the screen.
If you start without maximise it opens at an arbitrary but consistent size (saved in user profile preferences).
if you start in --kiosk it has the same size surface as a non-maximised start, reading the size from preferences. --maximise doesn't do anything.

I've already added code that tries to calculate appropriate maximise size variables and inject them into the preferences file, which works well for me. Unfortunately the size variables aren't just a nice neat correlation to the resolution, you have to leave some arbitrary space for where menu bar would be (even though kiosk doesn't have a menu). perhaps this space is wrong for your screen's resolution.

A better way to do it would be (on first run) to automatically start chrome in non-kiosk mode, use some tool like xdotool to maximise the window (at which point chrome should save the new size variables to prefs), close chrome, then start in kiosk. simply starting chrome non-kiosk with --maximise displays the right size, but doesn't write prefs. you have to resize while chrome's running.

If you just want to fix your instance;
* turn on debug setting in chrome launcher and start netflix.
* look in debug log, it should print out the command line used to launch chrome.
* manually run the same command line in a terminal without the --kiosk argument
* while chrome is running shrink the window smaller, then press the maximise window button (presuming your window manager has one).
* close chrome.

This should save working size vars to the chrome prefs in the netflixbmc chrome user-dir
Thanks for the thorough answer. Since the bug persists across both xbmcbuntu and a seperately installed Linux mint, and with hardware that are 7-8 years apart, it could be something to do with my screen. It is an European Pioneer KRP-500A running at 1080p (defaults to 50hz because it's an european model, but I use 60hz in the Kodi GUI, not that it should matter) I'll have a go debugging and might chime in if successful.
Is it possible to bind netflixbmc to a keyboard shortcut?

I've tried <n>RunAddon(plugin.video.netflixbmc)</n> and <n>RunPlugin(plugin.video.netflixbmc)</n> but neither had any success. I was able to modify my keyboard XML to open TV Show Next Aired instead of the PVR with <n>RunAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired)</n>, but I cannot seem to do this with netflixbmc.

EDIT: Fixed it...I forgot to move the setting to global. Derp.
(2015-02-05, 00:05)RamboUnchained Wrote: Is it possible to bind netflixbmc to a keyboard shortcut?

I've tried <n>RunAddon(plugin.video.netflixbmc)</n> and <n>RunPlugin(plugin.video.netflixbmc)</n> but neither had any success. I was able to modify my keyboard XML to open TV Show Next Aired instead of the PVR with <n>RunAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired)</n>, but I cannot seem to do this with netflixbmc.

I would have expected that to work really. In my skin I have a number of video addons in shortcuts on my home screen which are all launched as such:
Code:
<onclick>RunAddon($INFO[Skin.String(HomePrograms_Addon2)])</onclick>
Not sure if the $INFO could be making the difference there or not...

If you turn on debug in kodi settings, the kodi.log should have an entry for every keypress with details of what that keypress is doing. That should help see what's going on.

Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.

I also wonder if chrome launcher should be handling the hiding of the mousepointer, rather than netflixbmc. Ie let chrome launcher call xdotool and the osx/wik equivalents. I like to use chrome launcher standalone and have to include xdotool calls in a script to get rid of the mousepointer, so in effect it gets called twice when using netflixbmc.
(2015-02-05, 00:19)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 00:05)RamboUnchained Wrote: Is it possible to bind netflixbmc to a keyboard shortcut?

I would have expected that to work really. In my skin I have a number of video addons in shortcuts on my home screen which are all launched as such:
Code:
<onclick>RunAddon($INFO[Skin.String(HomePrograms_Addon2)])</onclick>
Not sure if the $INFO could be making the difference there or not...

If you turn on debug in kodi settings, the kodi.log should have an entry for every keypress with details of what that keypress is doing. That should help see what's going on.

I fixed the issue. I had the binding under MusicPlaylists instead of global.
(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.

Oh, you're running without a window manager. Yeah that's likely to cause issues with window size, focus, keyboard/mouse target etc.

There certainly seems to be a decent number of people running without window managers, as such yeah it would be useful for the chrome launcher plugin to be able to launch a wm on demand.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.pr...r/issues/3

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think the window manager has anything to do with vertical sync, that's nothing more than selecting the current refresh rate of your screen which is completely up to X to manage. It'll also be different on each graphics card, and on each tv/screen.
Generally you can change this on the fly with xrandr (command line/script) but it will only let you select refresh rates that are detected to be supported. Sometimes you can add to this list with a custom modeline added to xorg conf but these don't always work.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about: http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/4213...mitstart=0

(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: I also wonder if chrome launcher should be handling the hiding of the mousepointer, rather than netflixbmc. Ie let chrome launcher call xdotool and the osx/wik equivalents. I like to use chrome launcher standalone and have to include xdotool calls in a script to get rid of the mousepointer, so in effect it gets called twice when using netflixbmc.

I prefer to avoid os specific fixes if I can at all avoid it....
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.pr...r/issues/4

chrome launcher could have a canned user-data-dir like netflixbmc with a cut down extension to add desired features to all web sites launched as such.

• 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217