• 7(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
I am currently running Kodi 14 on Win 7 Pro Chrome 39.0.2171.99. I installed the repo then installed Chrome Launcher fine but I keep receiving an installation error on Netflixbmc. Unsure why. I searched the threads but couldn't find any similar issues. Any suggestions? Huh
(2015-01-14, 00:04)kman03 Wrote: I am currently running Kodi 14 on Win 7 Pro Chrome 39.0.2171.99. I installed the repo then installed Chrome Launcher fine but I keep receiving an installation error on Netflixbmc. Unsure why. I searched the threads but couldn't find any similar issues. Any suggestions? Huh

Can you describe the error at all? Is there some kind of box or popup referring to a particular error?
When you get the error, there should be more information at the bottom of the kodi.log file in userdata folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Userda...r_and_logs
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2015-01-13, 22:32)corona Wrote: Good to hear!

In the netflixbmc settings, under advanced/browser settings, there's an option to open plugin settings. This will open the config page for the chrome extension where you should be able to set the key mappings to work with the mce remote. I'm not sure what keypresses it sends on windows, but hopefully you can figure it out?

Open Plugin Settings gets me "This webpage is not available" - looks like it's trying to open an extensions' settings.

When I use the "Control Utility" that's where it's not recognizing some of the media buttons...not huge deal, but definitely causes some UX inconsistencies...
(2015-01-14, 05:49)PrplHaz4 Wrote: Open Plugin Settings gets me "This webpage is not available" - looks like it's trying to open an extensions' settings.

When I use the "Control Utility" that's where it's not recognizing some of the media buttons...not huge deal, but definitely causes some UX inconsistencies...

Ah, that means my chrome control extension must be missing, you probably got the broken profile I had on the repo for a version. Try the reset chrome userdata option in settings first, then watch any program on netflix (this will make a fresh userdata dir) and then try the plugin settings again.

The Control Utility is AddonScripterDE's original utility, which I've never used or looked at, so can't help there. My chrome extension is designed to replace it.

(2015-01-13, 15:48)ICEx Wrote: With today's update along with Chrome Beta on Windows it seems to have stopped working. Instead of launching the video in chrome it launches a windows pointed at this directory "Index of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\40.0.2214.69\" with the chrome.exe one level up.

here's the log http://pastebin.com/F1CHE5S1

Whatever the issue was it was fixed in the next update. Thank you so much corona for keeping this going!
Mine seemed to have stopped out of now where. Script error only.
Code:
05:25:44 T:140678432552704  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:25:44 T:140678432552704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named resources.lib
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/toaster/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import chrome_cookies
                                            ImportError: No module named resources.lib
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
05:25:44 T:140679395137472   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
05:25:44 T:140679395137472   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed

The "plugin.video.netflixbmc" directory has the "resources" directory which has the "lib" directory. I downloaded the "chrome_cookies.py" from git because it was not originally present but did not seem to solve anything.

Update: Uninstall/Reinstall seemed to fix it but now my window is small. Still cannot get it to open with linux script. My preference edit works in Chrome Launcher but not in the NetfliXBMC side.

Update 2: Had to edit Prefercences in "/home/toaster/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data/Default/". Also chown root:root and chmod 644. Hopefully it stick now.
(2015-01-13, 02:09)corona Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 13:59)terpstra Wrote: Thanks for keeping this addon up to date!

It works for me on debian/jessie with kodi 14.0.
I am using kodi without a desktop environment, just openbox; my .xinitrc:
/usr/bin/openbox &
AE_SINK=ALSA exec /usr/bin/xbmc

I initially had problems with no sound, but that turned out to be because chrome needs pulseaudio and kodi had exclusive and persistent access to the underlying alsa device. I set kodi to not keep the device open and then netflixbmc had sound. Of course, then pulseaudio was started by netflix and kodi started using pulseaudio instead of alsa, breaking passthrough to my 7.1 receiver. The "AE_SINK=ALSA" got that fixed too!

My only complaint is that I get only stereo (sometimes mixed as dolby prologic). I have set up a 7.1 HDMI pulseaudio profile and confirmed that it works. I can point pavucontrol at the pulse server started via chrome, using "PULSE_SERVER=/tmp/pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n/native pavucontrol". This shows that "Chromium" only has Front Left/Right channels. If I run "speaker-test -c 8" at the same as netflix is playing, it correctly outputs sound out each speaker in turn, while netflixbmc sound continues to play. I also see all 8 output channels in pavucontrol. Thus, I conclude that netflix/chrome is the problem.

Has anyone figured out how to coax netflix into outputting 5.1 or 7.1 audio? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I do not press buttons on my remote control for 10 minutes or so, netflixbmc breaks. I assume this is because the screen saver kicks in. After pressing a button when the screen turns off, kodi reappears, but chrome continues running in the background. I hear audio, but the video is hidden and can not be stopped. Presumably the screen saver needs to be disabled by the netflixbmc plugin?

Unfortunately there's no real way for us to effect the audio, it just comes down to netflix's own chrome support. It seems to be a common complaint, just google 'chrome netflix surround sound'

The screensaver issue you're having, do you mean your linux desktop screensaver? I've got mine completely disabled for this reason, I've never had it work reliably across multiple playback systems. Again, if chrome/netflix video playback doesn't disable screensaver there's not a lot that can be done other than replace the screensaver (I've got a custom python screensaver-like system running for myself to auto-power-off TV)

(2015-01-08, 19:59)Sei4eto Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 18:55)RiverBend Wrote: After launching the "Who Watching" pops up but it's blank. I can close that and view recently watched (for first profile not mine) but all other cat are blank.
My login credentials are correct and I can login fine from windows. I think I have the configuration correct for multiple netflix profiles What am I missing?

Many thanks for help and this add-on

Riverbend

Same for me

Could you both ensure that "Single-User account (faster)" is disabled in settings and turn on the Debug setting?
Then when you go to the profile select screen, if it's still blank, quickly grab the last bit of the kodi.log file, there should be some url's there that might help.

Corona,
Went to advanced and ran the resets and now it's working very well for me. Now I just need to figure out how to make it exit back to KODI instead of my browser.
Thanks a lot
Anyone on linux have issues with sound not showing up if you exit out of netflix and then go back into watch again later?
So maybe this has been answered, but I open the repo and the Chrome Launcher is in there to install, but I can't find the NetfliXBMC addon in the Video Addons section... What am I doing wrong? I've done a force refresh several times with no change..

Thanks a bunch! Probably a n00b thing..
(2015-01-17, 02:54)chickentech Wrote: So maybe this has been answered, but I open the repo and the Chrome Launcher is in there to install, but I can't find the NetfliXBMC addon in the Video Addons section... What am I doing wrong? I've done a force refresh several times with no change..

Thanks a bunch! Probably a n00b thing..

Did you download the zip from here:
http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

Then select "Install from zip" in your Add-ons menu. Should enable the repo.
Yeah - the repo is enabled and I can see all the other addons in the repo - just not the NetfliXBMC one... Is it because I'm on Helix 14.0 Kodi? Is it just not compatible or something?
(2015-01-18, 03:18)chickentech Wrote: Yeah - the repo is enabled and I can see all the other addons in the repo - just not the NetfliXBMC one... Is it because I'm on Helix 14.0 Kodi? Is it just not compatible or something?

Most people are using helix, so that should be fine. What OS are you running on? Maybe there's some other dependency missing.

I'm on Android 4.4... Having trouble getting the Chrome Launcher to work as well, but that's for a different post.. I have no clue why I'm not even seeing this addon in the list... I've even installed other repos that are supposed to have it and it is absent in them as well.. Everything else is properly functioning however....

Appreciate any ideas as to what might cause this.
(2015-01-17, 01:51)toasterboy1 Wrote: Anyone on linux have issues with sound not showing up if you exit out of netflix and then go back into watch again later?

Sorry no, I haven't seen anything like this. Do you mean the second time you use netflix it doesn't work?
What OS are you running on?

One thing to try, in Kodi system settings there's usually a setting which says how long Kodi keeps the audio device active, it could help setting this to 0.
Kodi might be holding the sound card and preventing chrome getting access to it.
It's in Settings->System->Audio Output->keep audio device alive

(2015-01-18, 06:05)chickentech Wrote: I'm on Android 4.4... Having trouble getting the Chrome Launcher to work as well, but that's for a different post.. I have no clue why I'm not even seeing this addon in the list... I've even installed other repos that are supposed to have it and it is absent in them as well.. Everything else is properly functioning however....

Appreciate any ideas as to what might cause this.

As per the first post, this plugin only works on mac/windows/linux. Android will likely never be supported, because you can't watch netflix in chrome.

Bummer - I thought maybe using HTML5 Netflix with a custom user-agent string it would work... Guess I'm just too optimistic about what's possible.
Thanks however-
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217