• 6(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-01-13, 00:16)pkiff Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 22:44)corona Wrote: Sorry I haven't been on here for a bit, had a busy holiday season and then lost a drive in my server.
Sorry to hear about the lost drive. Hope you had a good holiday. Thanks for all your continued work on this add-on.

(2015-01-12, 22:44)corona Wrote: But in more relevant news I finally got my updates tested enough to push to the repo, so it should be offering 1.3.9 now!
Mmmm..I had this working on Gotham (XBMC 13.2) under Windows 7 x64 running 1.3.8 accessing Netflix Canada, but since the update to 1.3.9, I've been getting "script" errors. There was no option to roll back to the previous version. I tried fiddling with a couple things including completely reinstalling NetfliXBMC, but am still getting the error.

To be clear, then, I'm able to open up the NetfliXBMC add-on and I can even browse lists, and movies and seasons of tv shows, but the script error comes when I try to play something. I can also edit the add-on settings fine without creating a script error.

I'm trying to read the log file to see what is going on, but am not very familiar with XBMC or Add-ons, or Chrome Launcher, or anything else yet. I seem to be having a zip file problem? Or an invoking File from Netflix problem. I was thinking of manually reverting to 1.3.8 to see if that fixes the problem, and I will try that later tonight.

Here is a snippet of one sample log with debug enabled:
Code:
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500)
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall]
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','12','?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500')
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=21) plugin...
10:17:24 T:2988  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:17:24 T:2988    INFO: initializing python engine.
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): start processing
10:17:24 T:2988  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.pyamf\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.t0mm0.common\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.httplib2\lib;C:\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.grab.fanart\default.py;C:\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.module.oauth2\lib;C:\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\XBMC;C:\XBMC\system\python;C:\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): entering source directory C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
10:17:24 T:2988   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
                                            Error Contents: Truncated central directory
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1089, in <module>
                                                playVideoMain(url)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 638, in playVideoMain
                                                launchChrome(url)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 657, in launchChrome
                                                z = zipfile.ZipFile(zf)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 766, in __init__
                                                self._RealGetContents()
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 832, in _RealGetContents
                                                raise BadZipfile("Truncated central directory")
                                            BadZipfile: Truncated central directory
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:17:24 T:2988    INFO: Python script stopped
10:17:24 T:2988   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2988 terminating
10:17:24 T:2212   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
10:17:24 T:704   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500
10:17:24 T:704   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Moon&thumb=C%3a%5cXBMC%5cportable_data%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70112500.jpg&url=70112500) failed
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall)
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
10:17:24 T:704   DEBUG: Loading items: 14, directory: plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=movie&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall sort method: 0, ascending: false

Any suggestions?

Sorry I broke it on you!

It appears something went bad in the download of the chrome user-data-dir zipfile, and it's happened to others as well. Until I figure out how to fix it automatically, you can replace the zipfile yourself:

find your kodi userdata dir
<userdata>/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources there should be a chrome-user-data.zip about 2.7MB with an md5 of e9496b19d32e8e35d259cf405dda268b
try replacing it with a fresh copy from http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repo/plugin.v...r-data.zip

(2015-01-13, 01:51)ronsonol8 Wrote: Hi thanks for this great plugin. Three issues. In both 13.2 and 14.0.

1. Need language option in settings...otherwise not working when using an unblock proxy. I need to change from en-CA to en-US, which I have had to manually do in settings file of the user addon folder.
Could you tell me exactly what you've been changing manually? I'm not certain what you mean.

(2015-01-13, 01:51)ronsonol8 Wrote: 2. Since 1.3.9 cannot use chrome. IE Works. Error log below. Clean install, and clearing settings does not help.
This appears the same issue as the previous post, a bad download on the zipfile. Please try replacing the file as I listed in my last reply,

(2015-01-13, 01:51)ronsonol8 Wrote: 3. I realize this is not simply a plugin issue but I think my unblock proxy disables sslv3 use, since the poodle vuln. Session management seems not to support tls as an option. I have tried using the web browsers to access over https and it works fine. Chrome and IE both support tls.

In addition, I have tried another unblock proxy that i used a week trial account and it works without issue in your plugin - i suspect down to the fact they still support sslv3.

Thanks for investigating this, a few others have run into this ssl issue.
I'll look into disabling sslv3 in requests, we're not the first to want to do it: http://bugs.python.org/issue22638
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Thanks for the reply,

In your default.py i find,
if len(language.split("-"))>1:
country = language.split("-")[1]

This default value comes from <setting id="language" value="en-CA" /> in settings.xml found in userdata.

To use geoblock proxy I need it to say en-US, so having an option in settings.xml like this
<setting id="language" type="text" label="30128" default="true"/>.

Also, I overwrote the zip file with the link posted above, and I get the same badzip error.
(2015-01-13, 03:15)ronsonol8 Wrote: Thanks for the reply,

In your default.py i find,
if len(language.split("-"))>1:
country = language.split("-")[1]

This default value comes from <setting id="language" value="en-CA" /> in settings.xml found in userdata.

To use geoblock proxy I need it to say en-US, so having an option in settings.xml like this
<setting id="language" type="text" label="30128" default="true"/>.

Also, I overwrote the zip file with the link posted above, and I get the same badzip error.

Drats, I've found the zip issue - I'm not opening the file in binary mode. Silly slipup there.

The setting makes sense, I'll look into it a little more and add an appropriate setting as soon as I get a chance. There's a couple of other settings clean ups I want to do sooner rather than later.

I've pushed an update to repo which should resolve the zip error, and uprev'ed to get past the issue quickly.
So we're now at 1.3.10

I have 1.3.10. I no longer get the badzip error.

However, when chrome launches now all I get is a screen with the directory path listing for chrome installed in c:\program files.
When i turned off run in kiosk mode i could see at the top there are 3 tabs. 2 tabs directory listings, and 1 tab netflix with errors stating that the required components were not found on this device.

In chrome settings, i see a msg about chrome detected that some of the settings were corrupted by another program and it reset them to defaults.
(2015-01-13, 04:30)ronsonol8 Wrote: I have 1.3.10. I no longer get the badzip error.

However, when chrome launches now all I get is a screen with the directory path listing for chrome installed in c:\program files.
When i turned off run in kiosk mode i could see at the top there are 3 tabs. 2 tabs directory listings, and 1 tab netflix with errors stating that the required components were not found on this device.

In chrome settings, i see a msg about chrome detected that some of the settings were corrupted by another program and it reset them to defaults.

Seems I'm going to have to do some testing on windows....
What windows are you running, and what version of chrome?

Getting the same issue as ronsonol8.

Chrome Version: 39.0.2171.95
Chrome Launcher: 1.1.3
Netflixbmc: 1.3.10
Kodi 14.0
Windows 8.1

When in kiosk mode it displays the url: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Google/Chrome/Application/39.0.2171.95/
When in non-kiosk mode it displays the 2 tabs of file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Google/Chrome/Application/39.0.2171.95/ and Netflix with no corruption.

I think this is more of a chrome launcher issue than Netflixbmc since showing any website show the program files directory instead of the url, but if anyone has any solutions that would be great.

Edit: IExplorer.exe opens just fine.

Edit2: Quick fix: Load a video and let it fail (goto program files url) then use alt tab instead of alt-f4 to switch back to kodi and then relaunch your video and it will work. Sadly this suck with remotes but its a start to fixing the issue.
Kodi 14.0
Windows 7 x64

I seem to recall when using v 1.3.8 if I set do not use kiosk mode, I could see my bookmarks in the bar.
The chrome that launches now I cannot see my bookmarks. Is this related to profile? Or is this what chrome control means?
(2015-01-13, 04:58)Squiddy Wrote: Getting the same issue as ronsonol8.

Kodi 14.0
Windows 8.1

When in kiosk mode it displays the url: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Google/Chrome/Application/39.0.2171.95/
When in non-kiosk mode it displays the 2 tabs of file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Google/Chrome/Application/39.0.2171.95/ and Netflix with no corruption.
XBMC 13.2
Windows 7x64

I'm seeing the same behavior too...one weird thing I noticed is that in chrome://components pepper_flash and recovery say version 0.0.0.0 and don't update...thinking recovery (which i'm guessing saves tabs) might have something to do with it?
I'm still at work so it'll be a while before I get a chance to do windows testing, it's clear something's broken with my chrome changes. Hopefully I'll have an update in a few hours.

(2015-01-13, 04:58)Squiddy Wrote: Getting the same issue as ronsonol8.

Kodi 14.0
Windows 8.1

I think this is more of a chrome launcher issue than Netflixbmc since showing any website show the program files directory instead of the url, but if anyone has any solutions that would be great.

Edit: IExplorer.exe opens just fine.

Edit2: Quick fix: Load a video and let it fail (goto program files url) then use alt tab instead of alt-f4 to switch back to kodi and then relaunch your video and it will work. Sadly this suck with remotes but its a start to fixing the issue.

I'm glad I'm not the only one running into this. I was assuming that I had done something wrong when I edited the 'default.py' for Chrome Launcher to point to the folder for Chrome Canary. I am having an issue downloading (I think my wife has turned off throttling on her usenet account, but she went to bed so I can't check) so I haven't been able to get NFXMBC 1.3.10 to test, but I was able to close the folder windows and access YouTube Leanback with the regular Chrome close tab command (ctrl-w (I have it mapped to L3 in PS3Blumote so I've been able to get by ok)).

UPDATE: I finally got 1.3.10, and ctrl-w took care of the folder window, but Netflix was throwing the widevineCDM error. Netflix played fine in standard windows for both regular Chrome and Canary. I turned off Kiosk mode and discovered that the version for widevineCDM (in chrome://components/) in the Chrome Launcher instance was listing a version number of 0.0.0.0. I was able to update that to current (1.4.6.758), turned kiosk back on, and everything seems to be working fine (except for the windows I have to close).
(2015-01-13, 02:21)corona Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 20:02)horstepipe Wrote: hey
ist there no way to fix that utf issue to add series with mutations like "ä,ö,ü"?

I'm sure it can be done, sorry it's clearly been missed in the last utf fixes. Could you please post a fresh xbmc.log error for it and preferably add an issue for it on the tracker: https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...bmc/issues

Here is the error from log file:
Code:
14:03:09 T:2896   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1125, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 832, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)

The error occures when adding a series from netflixbmc to library. If e.g. season 2, episode 7 contains a mutation, all episodes from season 1 to season 2 episode 6 are being added. Then the process stops with the error from above. I'll add a tracker on github, too.

Thank you
I've just pushed updates to repo for Windows. There were two issues:
Firstly there was a blank argument being sent to chrome by the subprocess which mac and linux didn't care about, but windows saw as wanting a blank tab of sorts.
Second, the canned chrome image needed a different version of the Widevine plugin for windows, tests look like it's fine to have both versions shipped side-by-side.

Hopefully this will sort out the main windows issues.

(2015-01-13, 15:13)horstepipe Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 02:21)corona Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 20:02)horstepipe Wrote: hey
ist there no way to fix that utf issue to add series with mutations like "ä,ö,ü"?

I'm sure it can be done, sorry it's clearly been missed in the last utf fixes. Could you please post a fresh xbmc.log error for it and preferably add an issue for it on the tracker: https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...bmc/issues

Here is the error from log file:
Code:
14:03:09 T:2896   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1125, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\horstepipe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 832, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)

The error occures when adding a series from netflixbmc to library. If e.g. season 2, episode 7 contains a mutation, all episodes from season 1 to season 2 episode 6 are being added. The the process stops with the error from above. I'll add a tracker on github, too.

Thank you

Thanks for the report, I'll try to look into it soon. Off to bed for me now though.

With today's update along with Chrome Beta on Windows it seems to have stopped working. Instead of launching the video in chrome it launches a windows pointed at this directory "Index of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\40.0.2214.69\" with the chrome.exe one level up.

here's the log http://pastebin.com/F1CHE5S1
(2015-01-13, 15:24)corona Wrote: I've just pushed updates to repo for Windows. There were two issues:
Firstly there was a blank argument being sent to chrome by the subprocess which mac and linux didn't care about, but windows saw as wanting a blank tab of sorts.
Second, the canned chrome image needed a different version of the Widevine plugin for windows, tests look like it's fine to have both versions shipped side-by-side.

Thanks - the fixes seem to be working for me! Seems like the only loose end is better compatibility with the MCE remote (play, pause, and stop don't seem to be recognized commands)...

Thanks a ton for reviving this project!
(2015-01-13, 17:46)PrplHaz4 Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 15:24)corona Wrote: I've just pushed updates to repo for Windows. There were two issues:

Thanks - the fixes seem to be working for me! Seems like the only loose end is better compatibility with the MCE remote (play, pause, and stop don't seem to be recognized commands)...

Thanks a ton for reviving this project!

Good to hear!

In the netflixbmc settings, under advanced/browser settings, there's an option to open plugin settings. This will open the config page for the chrome extension where you should be able to set the key mappings to work with the mce remote. I'm not sure what keypresses it sends on windows, but hopefully you can figure it out?

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217