[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-02-05, 02:43)Soli Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 01:17)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.

Oh, you're running without a window manager. Yeah that's likely to cause issues with window size, focus, keyboard/mouse target etc.

There certainly seems to be a decent number of people running without window managers, as such yeah it would be useful for the chrome launcher plugin to be able to launch a wm on demand.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.pr...r/issues/3

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think the window manager has anything to do with vertical sync, that's nothing more than selecting the current refresh rate of your screen which is completely up to X to manage. It'll also be different on each graphics card, and on each tv/screen.
Generally you can change this on the fly with xrandr (command line/script) but it will only let you select refresh rates that are detected to be supported. Sometimes you can add to this list with a custom modeline added to xorg conf but these don't always work.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about: http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/4213...mitstart=0
Yeah, the wm requirement wast mentioned anywhere in the first post. (Although i had no other problems with focus or size, just the little black bar.)It would be cool to incorporate that feature (auto start wm) into chrome launcher.

As for the the vertical sync: all rates are detected in xbmc and would probably be easy to change with xrandr without modifying xorg.conf (at least in my case). But it would be great to change this automatically as an option in chrome launcher that gets called from the netflixbmc addon.

I could probably log into my wm and set the default frequency (well I can in openbox, but cinnamon still doesnt support this, so i'd have to use the command line) but then i would have to change back when im once in a while logging into my desktop since everything would be really jerky with 23.976hz. So it would be great if chrome launcher had the option to set the vertical refresh rate just for the session, and change back when chrome is closed. Anyways it's not a big problem, it works fine with the default rate. If i want the absolute best, I play a local file with refresh rate syncing.

Btw, everything seems to work really great, save for one thing. Im using a ps3 bd remote, and still havent found a method to bind alt-f4 to either a single keyboard press/button on the remote. Is this documented somewhere?

Keep up the good work!
After messing up linux mint on my new chromebox, everything was really laggy, when watching videos when logged in a normal desktop session. Anyways i thought Mint was pretty bloated for a minimal kodi install, so instead I installed kodibuntu. For some unknown reason netflixbmc now works perfectly (also the built in vimeo/youtube presets in chrome launcher). I dont need use an external script to launch the wm anymore, and also the mouse pointer dissapears when using the youtube/vimeo presets without calling an external script using xdotool.

Edit: oops seems i was too fast at concluding. Mouse pointer is suddenly visible. It seems the trick is to use a different refresh rate in kodi standalone, thus forcing a mode change, then the mouse pointer will dissappear.
And for some reason youtube leanback will never start playing anything, only caching. Weird, since when I launch chrome in non-kiosk mode and then go to youtube, everything will play fine. Just wish these chromeboxes had a little more cpu power, as 1.4ghz dual core celerons seems to struggle when playing full hd. (Cant believe gpu accel in chrome is not available in linux, espescially since mac and windows have gpu accel since ages ago)

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by Soli - 2015-02-06, 01:11
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217