[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-02-09, 03:48)Soli Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 01:17)corona Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.
after a clean install of kodibuntu on a chromebox, everything was working fine, even without a wm. But tonight i started getting black bars again. I remember i had been adjusting the taskbar settings and stuff.

And then it dawned on me... The trick was login into the desktop, go into panel settings. Under advanced untick "reserve space, and not covered by maximized windows". This lets you maximize the chrome window and it will ignore the taskbar and use the whole screen. I then deleted ~/.config/google-chrome . The I ran google chrome, maximized it. Then closed it, and logged out and into Kodi standalone and found chrome launcher was once again using the whole screen.

EditConfusedeems to still be a 2 pixel wide bar at the bottom. I wonder if that is because the autohide taskbar setting of openbox doesnt let you set any less than 2 pixels.
Edit2: fixed it by launching kodi from a desktop session and running chrome launcher. Now when I run Kodi in standalone mode, it works fine. I'm not 100% sure of how to get this to work, so to speak, but I am quite happy to report that it is possible to run chrome fullscreen without a WM.

As mentioned previously, I've got code to auto-generate the correct variables to store in the chrome preferences on first run to avoid this issue. Obviously my calcs aren't universal though, while they work for me (running on 720 screen) they didn't work for you.
Although, you're saying that ~/.config/google-chrome makes a difference for you... do you have the "Use Chrome Control Plugin" option enabled or disabled in netflixbmc settings? My size fixes would only work if it's enabled. I hadn't really thought of that when I was implementing it, basically the fixes only work when using canned chrome user dir, which is only used when you enable the setting for control extension.

Either way, could you send my a copy of your now working chrome Preferences file. It'll be either ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Preferences if setting disabled, or ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data/Default/Preferences if it is enabled. Could you also let me know the resolution of your tv. I'll be able to use it as reference to check my calcs, hopefully make them more universal. The could possibly be migrated into chrome launcher to ensure they work regardless of settings then.

What you're saying about menu's getting in the way and all means that my previous idea of scripting chrome to maximise and save settings automatically on first run may not work, if other's have similar things in their window manager getting in the way.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by corona - 2015-02-10, 01:20
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217