[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-03-27, 19:20)phunkkify Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 07:57)timewasted Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 22:41)phunkkify Wrote: I'd love to watch Netflix in XBMC, but I can't get the plugin to work.

Situation:
- OSX Yosemite
- XBMC 13.2
- Multiple profiles in Netflix
- Installed Chrome Launcher

Issue:
The screen on which I should be able to select a profile stays blank with only a title saying "Who's watching?".

What I've tried:
- Updating the chooseProfile() method; the fix provided here doesn't help though.
- Installing the addons (Chrome Launcher and Netflixbmc) on a different system that runs Kodi 14.1, but no luck.
- I'm not sure if I should do anything about the Chrome Launcher configuration.

Side questions to hopefully solve this issue:
- How can I be sure that my Chrome Launcher works?
- Where can I find addon specific log messages? Simply enable debugging and tail ~/Library/Logs/kodi.log?

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Open this file:

Code:
/path/to/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py

Go to line 789 and change this:

Code:
match = re.compile('"decodedName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)".+?experience":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

to this:

Code:
match = re.compile('"firstName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)".+?experience":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

Once you change decodedName to firstName, the profile selection screen works again.

My line 789 reads this:
Code:
ok = True

And the string "decodedName" can't be found in the entire default.py file..

To be precise:
- Have a clean plugin with an unchanged chooseProfile() method
- I'm editing
Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4/default.py

Even when applying the change in the chooseProfile method the line numbers don't match, plus I get a script error in Kodi (and XBMC).

Any advice?

Are you sure you are using a version of plugin from http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

I just made the change myself in this plugin and the decodedName is definately there

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by JasonPell - 2015-03-28, 11:56
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217