• 72(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
First off, thank you very much for this plugin! I got it working after reading through multiple posts in this thread. I still have 2 issues I haven't been able to figure out though. I'm using Kodi 15.1 on OSX and NetfliXBMC 1.3.23~beta.

1) Can't get my Harmony remote to pass on play/pause etc. All commands activate Kodi and the Chrome browser keeps playing Netflix. I've downloaded ClicClick and put it in the usr/bin directory on my Mac. Is this the right location? Also the Enable webremote control is on in the NetfliXBMC settings

2) Artwork is very low resolution even though the Get covers & Fanara images from TMDb is set to on. Again, is there something else I need?

Jeremy
(2015-08-19, 18:38)TooManyAntennas Wrote: Excellent plug-in. Coming from WMC since we know what is happening on Sept 15 dropping Netflix... All this is working great. I had a hard time finding a version of Chrome 43 since some seem to have problems with 44. Locked so Chrome is stuck at v43, and not updating.

Windows 7 x32
Kodi 14.2
Netflix and Chrome launch latest.
Launch Kodi from WMC add-on and Kodi launches Chrome/Netflix. MOST remote friendly/10 foot interface I can find. WMC also has 4 tuners and record local TV.

Trying to get the WAF very high, there is one thing wrong with my set-up. If I use the old Winows Control for remote, I can't map the pause or play buttons to pause/play. Only OK works. This is not idea as ALL of Kodi and WMC uses pause button on remote to pause. Pressing the button in the config utility results in no change to the blank-default entry. What Am I doing wrong? My remote is a Harmony with a Generic WMC-HP profile loaded.

Tried to switch to the "new" Chrome plug-in for remote. I loaded it like the WideVineCMD, where turned off Kiosk and loaded into the specific profile started from Kodi. It acts like the plug-in isn't working at all on my Keyboard. P, Volume, etc keys don't do anything, but CNTRL-P brings up the PRINT dialog in Chrome.

Again, what AM I doing wrong?

THANKS AGAIN! AWESOME JOB developers and support people on here.

Where did you get v43 of chrome. I want to downgrade as I can only use my remote with that and not IE.
My List has suddenly stopped working for me. I have been running the current version since it was pushed and it had been working fine. Suddenly the other night when I go to My List (for TV or Movies) it is empty. I can go into all the various recommended or viewing history areas and things display fine.

I've tried resetting (and removing/reinstalling) the addon but it ends up the same each time. I didn't get a chance to grab the log last night, if nobody else is seeing this I'll get it to have a look.
saw it here as well two days ago. I haven't had a chance to dig into it though.
(2015-08-20, 14:37)kmarq Wrote: My List has suddenly stopped working for me. I have been running the current version since it was pushed and it had been working fine. Suddenly the other night when I go to My List (for TV or Movies) it is empty. I can go into all the various recommended or viewing history areas and things display fine.

I've tried resetting (and removing/reinstalling) the addon but it ends up the same each time. I didn't get a chance to grab the log last night, if nobody else is seeing this I'll get it to have a look.

Just started, same thing, no My List. Also no Sugestions. Recent and New do work and can play so Chrome is still ok. Looks like Netflix changed something.

As to WHERE I got Chrome v43, it was a search. Ended up getting from a torrent with only 2 seeders, so NOT allot out there. Searched for the off-line installer of the 43.0.2357.132. Also got the Windows x64 version first and that didn't work for me as I'm on 32bit Windows 7.

Also, search for COMPLETELY DISABLE CHROME UPDATE get stuff needed and then kill interent connection before do install or it will upgrade during the install. Once installed with no internet, do the gpedit.msc to disable. I also added an OUTBOUND firewall rule blocking ChromeUpdater.EXE
(2015-08-20, 15:22)TooManyAntennas Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 14:37)kmarq Wrote: My List has suddenly stopped working for me. I have been running the current version since it was pushed and it had been working fine. Suddenly the other night when I go to My List (for TV or Movies) it is empty. I can go into all the various recommended or viewing history areas and things display fine.

Just started, same thing, no My List. Also no Sugestions. Recent and New do work and can play so Chrome is still ok. Looks like Netflix changed something.

As to WHERE I got Chrome v43, it was a search. Ended up getting from a torrent with only 2 seeders, so NOT allot out there. Searched for the off-line installer of the 43.0.2357.132. Also got the Windows x64 version first and that didn't work for me as I'm on 32bit Windows 7.

Also, search for COMPLETELY DISABLE CHROME UPDATE get stuff needed and then kill interent connection before do install or it will upgrade during the install. Once installed with no internet, do the gpedit.msc to disable. I also added an OUTBOUND firewall rule blocking ChromeUpdater.EXE
If you are making use of windows, why don't make use of the webbrowser iexplorer?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=162544
I'm about to buy a Nexus Player. Does this addon work on Android (i.e. fire up the Netflix Android app instead of Chrome)? I am addicted to having Netflix TV Shows in my library.
If you are making use of windows, why don't make use of the webbrowser iexplorer?

[/quote]

Windows 7 iexplore is limited on purpose to NOT allow the EME security extensions required to play these videos. IE only works in Windows 8 (8.1) for this. Thanks Microsoft...
(2015-08-20, 22:39)TooManyAntennas Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 20:11)hstegeman Wrote:

Windows 7 iexplore is limited on purpose to NOT allow the EME security extensions required to play these videos. IE only works in Windows 8 (8.1) for this. Thanks Microsoft...
[/quote]
Yes, I am making use of windows 8.1, but soon I will update to windows 10.
Will the webbrowser / netflix xbmc work with windows 10?
I fixed the mylist problem by uncommenting a second load(url) attempt in the listvideos def of the add-on's default.py:

Specifically, I removed the comment on the last line of the following:
Code:
def listVideos(url, type):
    pDialog = xbmcgui.DialogProgress()
    pDialog.create('NetfliXBMC', translation(30142)+"...")
    pDialog.update( 0, translation(30142)+"...")
    xbmcplugin.setContent(pluginhandle, "movies")
    content = load(url)
#   content = load(url) # Terrible... currently first call doesn't have the content, it requires two calls....

looks like the two call requirement is back... I'm testing for other impact.

edit:

No other adverse impact found.
I've removed the second "#" as you discrible, and works perfect! Thanks for the tip!
Well its a workaround at best and to tell the truth, I don't yet understand how its working. When I manually submit a mylist request using netflixbmc syntax (https://www.netflix.com/MyList?leid=595&link=seeall), I'm re-directed to www.netflix.com/browse/my-list. The html returned doesn't contain any of the search terms used by listvideos to scrape names, boxart, and videoIDs. And in fact, if I change the mylist menu item to issue a call to www.netflix.com/browse/my-list, my list in the addon shows up empty again.

So at best, it appears that this double call is faking netflix out enough to cause a different reply to be sent on the second attempt. Its is therefore most likely a "bug" that no doubt netflix will get around to fixing before too long.

I'm going to see if I can add a search term to properly scrape video IDs off the redirected page sent by /browse/my-list. listVideos already has 4 active and two commented out searches. It proceeds if any of them succeed so any addition I make should work globally.

I've also created an issue for this on the dev site repository.
<rant>
Netflix really needs to create an API for this sort of thing. That way, plugins can be developed for a variety of platforms and it won't be a "spy vs. spy" scenario where constant work on the plugin is required to keep up with changing HTML. Scraping HTML is almost never a good idea for a variety of reasons....

Netflix shouldn't care at all for metadata requests, and using approved DRM providers as this addon does should cover the legality issues.
</rant>

edit...

Actually, they do have an API. Why is this addon scraping HTML for metadata I wonder? More to follow.
(2015-08-21, 15:02)Sleuth255 Wrote: <rant>

Actually, they do have an API. Why is this addon scraping HTML for metadata I wonder? More to follow.

Thanks for the fix. Works great. For now.

Any chance of getting a Kodi plug-in that uses the "more-official" API? That would make it more stable long term, and would be worth beer money! Almost like if Netflix could actually make a Kodi plug-in.

I'm planning on switching our HTPC over to use Kodi/Netflixbmc after Sept 15th when WMC netflix support ends. Kodi running as add-on to WMC as still use WMC tuners at this point. It will be bad for me if the plug-in stops working and the WAF starts going down quickly. WMC, for all its warts is very stable and has worked effortlessly for us for over 3 years now...
(2015-08-21, 00:19)Sleuth255 Wrote: I fixed the mylist problem by uncommenting a second load(url) attempt in the listvideos def of the add-on's default.py:

Specifically, I removed the comment on the last line of the following:
Code:
def listVideos(url, type):
    pDialog = xbmcgui.DialogProgress()
    pDialog.create('NetfliXBMC', translation(30142)+"...")
    pDialog.update( 0, translation(30142)+"...")
    xbmcplugin.setContent(pluginhandle, "movies")
    content = load(url)
#   content = load(url) # Terrible... currently first call doesn't have the content, it requires two calls....

looks like the two call requirement is back... I'm testing for other impact.

edit:

No other adverse impact found.

Thanks for your work on this.

Are you a Python developer? If so, what tools do you use? I've never used Python before but I managed to hack together a fix so that Netflixbmc only attempts to load the content again if the first time it's empty.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217