[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
logi85:

Thank you so much for this!

I now have this addon working with Windows 7 - 32 bit and Firefox (latest version now supported by Netflix with HTML 5 direct playback) and it looks very good. I prefer Firefox over Chrome as the Netflix playback appears to be smother. I use a number of addons in Firefox to achieve an almost seamless full screen effect when Firefox starts the Netflix playback.

One small bug if you could please please fix.

To play a Netflix file the addon makes a call out to launchBrowser.cmd located in the Users folder - in my case to: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix-master\resources\launchBrowser.cmd

The problem is that this call out will fail if the users folder name has a space in it such as: C:\Users\Michael Smith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix-master\resources\launchBrowser.cmd

Could you please modify your code to put quotes around the call out - this will correct for anyone who has a space in their user name.

I had a hell of a time figuring this out as all my HTPC - KODI systems are setup with C:\Users\Michael Smith\... and everything was failing with a DOS box flashing on the screen -- even though manually clicking on the launchBrowser.cmd file was working. I was able to capture the flashing screen DOS box using Snagit and observed that it was failing because of the space in the user name. I created a new user profile on a test system with a single user name "Michael" and everything started working - but to change this on all my HTPC systems is a real pain - and I suspect that a lot of other people will also have a problem with this if their user name has any spaces.

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Who's Watching is empty? - by RiverBend - 2015-01-08, 18:55
Full-screen mode - by oakertood - 2015-03-29, 01:08
25% - by Mattlock - 2015-07-06, 03:56
Additional/Original Browser Option? - by durv - 2015-09-07, 05:07
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - EMPTY LISTS - by Nibar - 2015-12-08, 03:38
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2 - by msmith8228 - 2015-12-26, 18:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217