• 18(current)
Headless Kodi
(2015-11-17, 21:48)Saidou Wrote: Hi all,

I'm new to Docker and running it on my Synology DS412+, but some things are still not clear to me...

I was able to install the image "sparklyballs/headless-kodi-helix". I'm able to open the web server (with my custom assigned ports)

Like you can see nothing is shown, because I didn't configure anything yet.
My question now how I can configure it and where do I have to put my userdata...

If anyone could help me?

Thanks!

Simply copy your userdata folder with working setup (UPnP, Webserver, ...).
(2015-11-17, 22:39)Robotica Wrote: Simply copy your userdata folder with working setup (UPnP, Webserver, ...).

That's what I don't understand. Where do I copy it to?

Do I add the userdata folder from my current setup on PC to the container?
In here?

Or do I have to SSH into my NAS and copy it to some folder?
I found some extra info in this topic, but still doesn't work

(2015-05-14, 09:58)MuzzleAU Wrote: I've got it working on my Synology DS1511 using that version (BTW nice job Sparklyballz).

There's a few things you need to set up on the Synology Docker UI. Click the 'Edit' button on the 'Container' tab and...
1. On the 'Basic Options' tab, click '+' to add a port mapping. The default web port is 8080, so I made a mapping from local port 8008 to container port 8080 to avoid any conflicts with my NAS.
2. On the 'Environment Variables' tab, add the login settings for your MySQL database; these variables are named 'MYSQLip', 'MYSQLport', 'MYSQLuser', 'MYSQLpass'.
3. On the 'Volume' tab, you might want to add a mount for the Thumbnails if you're using a shared folder across all your PCs.

Incidentally, the default login / pass to the web interface is 'xbmc'/'xbmc'.

This is likely enough if you're using the default database names (eg. MyVideo##). Unfortunately in my case, I have non-standard names as a result of following this guide, and had to SSH into the container and make manual adjustments.

I configured everything like above.

Then I did these steps:
  1. Adjusted the name of my database in phpMyAdmin to the default naming: MyVideos93 & MyMusic52
  2. Removed "<name>-tag" in advancedsettings.xml
  3. Copied sources.xml & passwords.xml to the userdata folder on the NAS.('/volume1/@appstore/Docker/docker/aufs/diff/b5cee6428d210cc911cebac3257bb073c51e33c25f2ac6917db0a66149a5d890/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data')
  4. Copied addons that were not present by default on the NAS (also the 'addon-data') (Universal movie scraper, AniDB.net.mod, trakt)
  5. Added to the bottom of advancedsettings.xml:
    Quote:<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>smb://HOSTNAME.DDNS.COM/XBMCmedia/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    Not sure if it is still necessary, because I already put this in the docker settings:

When I start Kodi Headless and, I'm able to reach the web server (ip.of.my.nas:8008), But the screen still doesn't show any data (Before starting, on my PC, I already scanned some sources and then I quit Kodi on PC)
When clicking on Movies, TV Shows or Music I only see the "spinning wheel" at the top. When I click on Profile druk, I get this error: "Connection to server lost"

This is my log:
Code:
*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 17)...
stdout
14:45:02
*** Killing all processes...
stdout
14:45:07
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
stdout
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
stdout
using existing datafiles
stdout
14:45:08
using existing advancedsettings.xml
stdout
14:45:09
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
stdout
*** Booting runit daemon...
stdout
*** Runit started as PID 14
stdout
Can't open display
stdout
14:45:10
Nov 19 14:45:09 Kodi-Helix syslog-ng[21]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
stdout
14:45:21
tdb(__NULL__): tdb_open_ex: called with name == NULL
stdout
14:45:21
stdout
14:45:22
stdout
14:45:34
stdout
14:45:34
stdout
14:45:36
stdout
stdout
stdout
14:45:37
stdout
stdout
stdout
14:45:38
stdout
14:45:40
stdout
14:45:40
stdout
14:45:41

It still doensn't work..
What I also was wondering... How does Kodi Headless know which sources are series and which are movies? Or is it a tag I need to add somewhere?
Hi guys,

I'm currently compiling 15.2 headless on my Ubuntu 12.04 box. Unfortunatly it fails to compile, with error:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: /home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/tools/depends/native/libsquish-native/squish-install/lib/libsquish.a(squish.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_ZTVN6squish8RangeFitE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/tools/depends/native/libsquish-native/squish-install/lib/libsquish.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libkodi.so] Error 1

Any of you have a clue on how to get past this?

EDIT:

I manually compiled + installed this version of libsquish, which didn't fix my problems, but did change the error the compile failed on. New errors:

Code:
xbmc/guilib/guilib.a(DDSImage.o): In function `CDDSImage::Decompress(unsigned char*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:231: undefined reference to `squish::DecompressImage(unsigned char*, int, int, int, void const*, int)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:227: undefined reference to `squish::DecompressImage(unsigned char*, int, int, int, void const*, int)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:229: undefined reference to `squish::DecompressImage(unsigned char*, int, int, int, void const*, int)'
xbmc/guilib/guilib.a(DDSImage.o): In function `CDDSImage::Compress(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char const*, double)':
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:168: undefined reference to `squish::CompressImage(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, void*, int, float*)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:172: undefined reference to `squish::ComputeMSE(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, unsigned char const*, int, double&, double&)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:191: undefined reference to `squish::CompressImage(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, void*, int, float*)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:192: undefined reference to `squish::ComputeMSE(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, unsigned char const*, int, double&, double&)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:197: undefined reference to `squish::CompressImage(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, void*, int, float*)'
/home/kodi/xbmc-isengard/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/DDSImage.cpp:198: undefined reference to `squish::ComputeMSE(unsigned char const*, int, int, int, unsigned char const*, int, double&, double&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libkodi.so] Error 1
Hi to all, I actually have a raspberry pi 2 with ubuntu server 14.04 installed (it is installed without user interface, only command line), using this will allow me to install and run kodi without using a user interface for ubuntu? (sorry for ignorance, I am a bit noob with all this and I am making my best effort to learn the best)

my idea is not to use user interface for ubuntu just for optimizing resources of the pi, that's why I want to use kodi this way

is it possible?

thanks to all
(2015-01-06, 20:53)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 15:18)sparklyballs Wrote: that's a dependency issue with libcec, two fixes i know of (there are probably others, and these may not be the best options out there) , get the right dep or just add the follwing to configure stage

Code:
--disable-libcec

Yup that was it! Thanks! it compiled and started. Will do more testing later

Had the same problem (and used the same solution) on Fedora 23 Server.

I did the same build on Fedora 23 Workstation and got no error.
There is some missing dependency (for Fedora Server edition) no yet captured here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_Kod...Hat/CentOS
Just a quick update regarding my previous post about libsquish giving errors: I've tried compiling on a clean Ubuntu 12.04 and a clean Ubuntu 14.04, but kept running into the same problem. Since I can't find anything with Google, I suspect it has something to do with the patch that's provided in the latest instructions. However, I'm not proficient enough in programming to debug that issue.

I resorted to using the Isengard docker mentioned earlier in this thread. That one is working fine.

(2015-12-06, 04:01)pepesuriano Wrote: Hi to all, I actually have a raspberry pi 2 with ubuntu server 14.04 installed (it is installed without user interface, only command line), using this will allow me to install and run kodi without using a user interface for ubuntu? (sorry for ignorance, I am a bit noob with all this and I am making my best effort to learn the best)

my idea is not to use user interface for ubuntu just for optimizing resources of the pi, that's why I want to use kodi this way

is it possible?

thanks to all
Yes, it's essentially Kodi without a GUI. This means it won't be playing any videos either! You might be able to get audio to work (using the webinterface or JSON), but afaik this also requires a GUI. Most people in this thread use this headless version of Kodi to manage libraries on their NAS/some other 24/7 powered on computer, so clients connect to a fully updated library, instead of having to do any scanning and such locally.
So that wont work for me, what possibility I have in my case? I use kodi to watch live TV with a USB tuner and play videos of a HDD, basically an htpc

Due to a driver problem, I am forced to use Ubuntu server for arm, in other case, I will be solved with openelec or something like that, so I only need to run kodi interface over Ubuntu without Ubuntu GUI to save resources
(2015-12-09, 14:20)pepesuriano Wrote: So that wont work for me, what possibility I have in my case? I use kodi to watch live TV with a USB tuner and play videos of a HDD, basically an htpc

Due to a driver problem, I am forced to use Ubuntu server for arm, in other case, I will be solved with openelec or something like that, so I only need to run kodi interface over Ubuntu without Ubuntu GUI to save resources
Then you're in the wrong thread, this is about running without any GUI at all, including Kodi's GUI.

You want OpenELEC. If you have problems running that, you can go the appropriate forums for that.
I have to say this is an exciting thought and with the future of the way devices are getting smaller and smaller it could make centralization easier in homes. I think the benefit would be to build infrastructure in your home and centralize the music, video, and even TV services in a power device and then allow smaller nodes in the bedrooms or viewing rooms pulling data from the central source.

I am doing this with my TV services today with HDHomeRun Prime(s) and PVR.MythTV on my NAS and have been able to remove the cost of a monthly cable box for each room in the house and replace it with a simple RPI2 device that pays for itself in 4 months over having a cable box in each room.

I've been able to achieve this partially with KODI with centralized MySQL and SMB on the same NAS running MythTV services but I still have to have some device up and running to handle the library updates, cleaning, and extra library duties.

Also adding on the excitement of docker into the mix I am able to have greater library management with Dockerized SickRage, CouchPotato, Plex (Mobile watching outside of the home on travel), and hopefully in the future Kodi so I can just move this stuff around in my environment with ease.

I just look forward to what the future brings!
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
do you think that we can compile this on arch?
Anyone have a code patch for Jarvis rc1? I tried applying Isengard patch from https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Fma96...atch.patch but that didn't work
https://hub.docker.com/r/celedhrim/kodi-server/

jarvis RC1 ok

Patch in github source

https://github.com/Celedhrim/docker-kodi...less.patch
Is it me, or does that patch seem relatively simple? And if so, what is currently preventing it from being applied to xbmc/master?
when is says

change the /path/to/kodi-server-profile

what does that mean?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless Kodi5