[split] Gotham to Helix - Libraries and Setting not there
I have to confirm this. I don't know why it works now. I already deleted my Mysql database 90 two times but it didn't work. This time I also deleted the music database and uninstalled kodi and then re installed it. It seems work work now. Adding stuff also seems to work.

Also it seems kodi is faster/smoother in the gui than xbmc but needs a little longer in the start up.
I managed to get it working also by following the inputs Ryuuji, AntoniusFM and others.
Detailed steps :
- Make sure you still have the old XBMC database in your mysql server (usually MyMusic46 and MyVideos78)
- Uninstall KODI
- Delete the KODI database (usually MyMusic48 and MyVideos90). It's important to delete both database because KODI start to migrate the music one. If it detects that it's already existing, then it won't do the migration again and will create a blank database.
- Reinstall KODI
- Restart KODI and wait for the migration to happen. It can take several minutes depending on the size of your database and the computing power of your MySQL server.

I checked the content of the MyVideos90 after the new migration and the items that were missing previously (indexes, triggers, views, ...) are now properly created.
That's great Alienlog if you also could fix it.

Now the only question left is, how did this happen in the first place?
My system only used mysql for videos. There was no music db to convert.
Is the bug perhaps based on an incorrect assumption that all databases are on mysql?
After installing Kodi I copied ALL non-xbmc/kodi specific folders and files with all NTFS permissions from XBMC to Kodi using Total Commander.
No problems here. Everything works ok.

T.
Alienlog's trick doesn't work for me. Both databases (Mymusic48 and MyVideos90) are created blank when I try this.
Deleting the databases, reinstalling helix and giving it a good 5 minutes on first start seemed to work.

On first start it acts like it has crashed but I assume it's running all those scripts to build the new databases, depending on how big your databases are and how powerful your db server is this could take quite a bit of time. I was very patient this time (I think last time I closed it when it looked like it had crashed which probably caused all my problems) and I'm working fine now.
I have no idea how safe this was, but because the log said :

Quote:ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER TABLE path ADD idParentPath integer

MySQL error 1060 is "duplicate column name", so I looked at the table (show create table pathWink and sure enough that column already existed.

Code:
alter table path drop column idParentPath;

Dropped the column, the rest of my DB migrated and I was on my way. I have no idea if this means I have somehow lost the information contained within idParentPath. My library seems fine?

Edit : idParentPath doesn't appear in the "path" table in the source db (version 78) so I am pretty sure the above is safe. But of course, do this at your own risk. I think idParentPath might have come from my version 89 video library, which was created when I tried upgrading to a previous (crashing) version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Gotham to Helix - Libraries and Setting not there0