Skins and path substitution?
Gotham, running on Windows 7. mysql DB.

Just barely scratching the surface with customizing skins. Currently just trying to customize the home menu of Aeon Nox 5.

I thought I'd use path substitution to sync my skin changes across multiple systems. I've tried the following:

I copied my existing skin.aeon.nox.5 folder to my NAS, and set:
Code:
<substitute>
  <from>special://home/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/</from>
  <to>smb://mynas/xbmcpathsubs/skin.aeon.nox.5/</to>
</substitute>

In the logs I see it take the substitute, but fail to load a file from the bak folder (doesn't exist)

I also tried just substituting the 1080i folder. No luck.

With either, Gotham loads, then gives a progress bar of (I think) building shortcuts, but then it just repeats over and over until I kill XBMC.

Anyone have path substitution working to sync your skin across multiple platforms?
This is an interesting concept briggs...I bet Ned might have an answer or a Kodi dev...but I don't think you can pathsub skins...
Add-ons typically don't work well with path subs, if at all.
Bummer! So is the general practice that people just get their skin set how they like, and then copy the skin directory over to any other Kodi boxes?

Is syncing of skin customization anywhere on the radar as far as a feature request goes?
I doubt it briggs
Sharing of settings in some way is an idea that has been kicked around a bunch.
Skin settings are not stored there.
Not many people modify the skin itself, and those that do usually just fork the skin and put their mods in the repo.
Then install your mod everywhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins and path substitution?0