problems with editing keyboard.xml
Bug 
Hi everybody,

I have been playing around with the keyboard.xml file for some customization, and some of the things work, but two of the things I want to do I can't get to work for the heck of it. A background program translates the keys on my remote to keyboard presses, so the problem is only to map those to the commands I need.

1. Go to home screen
This is really a bit crazy, because from what I found in the file already and from what I read everywhere, it definitely should work. I added these two lines to my file in the global area:
Code:
<g mod="ctrl,shift">ActivateWindowAndFocus(Home)</g>
<x mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Home)</x>
To be honest, the first line is already some kind of "I don't know what else to try". However, the debug output says:
Code:
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: ctrl-x (0x1f058) pressed, action is
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: ctrl-shift-g (0x3f047) pressed, action is
...and as you can imagine, nothing happens even when I press those buttons on the keyboard (just to make sure the problem isn't anywhere else).

2. Delete a tv recording
In the window where all the tv recordings are listed (I can jump to that via ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34, 0, 13, 0)) i would like to delete the currently selected recording without going through the context menu, as selecting a button is quite difficult thanks to the worst remote control the world has ever seen. So I want to map the number key '0' to delete the recording. Preferrably without asking are-you-sure, as loosing some random recording would not be important, but as far as I found out, that would be quite difficult. So, just mapping the key to 'delete' would do for now.
That is:
Code:
<window_id>
  <keyboard>
    <zero>delete</zero>
  </keyboard>
</window_id>
The problem is, I looked at the whole listing of ButtonTranslator.cpp but I have no idea which window id could be the one. I also tried some of them which sounded like they could be it, but unfortunately that is not documented very good and I didn't have any luck trying.

I would appreciate any help on where to dig.
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems with editing keyboard.xml0