Linux Automatic shutdown option
Hello!

I have fresh Kodibuntu installed (Linux tvset 3.13.0-43-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 8 19:35:06 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux, Version: 2:14.0~git20141223.1015-final-0trusty, nVidia video card).

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Power_saving shows "Shutdown function timer" and "Shutdown function" that are not present at my system. They were available at XBMCBuntu and power management actually works perfect, due to 'S' shortcut works.
enable expert settings level.
Wsnipex, thank you, where this mighty expert's level setting is located?

Only check the red circle and make it Expert.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
have the same issue after upgrading to kodi next to others (like no sound anymore, fixed that now with removing pulseaudio and using again alsa)
but back to topic even in expert or advanced settings i either have the choice only to hibernate or suspendHuh
(2015-01-01, 10:56)justme Wrote: have the same issue after upgrading to kodi next to others (like no sound anymore, fixed that now with removing pulseaudio and using again alsa)
but back to topic even in expert or advanced settings i either have the choice only to hibernate or suspendHuh

Provide your Debug Log, you have a complete different issue than the original poster, you lack proper upower permissions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ah u were to fast with your answer, yep that was the issue, fixed it now already following your hints here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165707

adding permissions to custom-actions.pkla fixed everything, seems during upgrade permissons for power down somehow are gone
thanx a lot for your help
And your pulseaudio issue is completely unrelated. If you want to use pulse in a standalone session, make sure you actually start it correctly within that session.
hm dunnno i never wanted it, it got somehow activated after i accessed System Settings, anways removing it fixed everything (of course the no sound issue only)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic shutdown option0