Bug Kodi doesn't re-add TV Shows
Bug 
Hello everyone,

My TV shows are structured like this: F:\Videos\Series\Series Title\Episode.mkv .
In Gotham 13.2 it all worked pretty well. In Helix 14.0, I can add a source (root for the series is the 'Series' folder) and it will find everything in the sub folders.

However, if for example, I remove one series (from the Kodi database, not the hard drive) and try to re-add it using "Update library" or "Scan for new content" - nothing happens. It finds the series folder at best but doesn't scan for the episodes. I have to remove the entire source and re-add it again for everything to be scanned and displayed.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

-UPDATE: I just noticed it skips scanning some episodes. Example - from 12 episodes, the last is missing - and still, the files are named in the same format in the hard drive as in Gotham 13.2 . No change were made to them.
-UPDATE #2: Uninstalled Kodi and made a clean install. Problem persists.
-UPDATE #3: Same problem with Kodi 15 Alpha 1. Though it doesn't count.
Same on a different PC (both run WIN 8.1 by the way).
Has anybody else encountered this or can recreate it?
First of all, take a look at the Naming video files/TV shows in the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows Make sure that you follow the guidelines there. Smile
Current Setup:
Asus Chromebox - OpenElec 5.0 - Kodi 14.1 - Flirc
SolidRun CuBox-i4Pro - OpenElec 5.0 - Kodi 14.1 - Flirc

Discontinued setups:
Raspberry Pi - OpenElec 4.0 - XBMC 13 - Flirc
AppleTV 1 - CrystalHD - Crystalbuntu
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Naming is irrelevant - it hasn't changed since I upgraded from13.2 when everything went ok - and everything is still ok when I re-add the source from scratch (everything is found, usually).

If it was just one PC than it's a random glitch - but I'm able to reproduce it on another PC running Win 8.1.

Seriously? Am I the only one this happens to?... I'm starting to think about rolling back to 13.2 which was perfect (and with an ACE skin).

UPDATE: Confirmed. Rolled back to 13.2 - removing a TV series and choosing "Update Library"\"Scan for new content" is working properly. The missing series and all it's episodes are scanned and displayed without any problem. This is a 14.0 bug.

Reported: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15664 - Also contains debugging log file: Removing Fate\Stay Night and attempting to re-scan it without success.
@Aleksander - I take it back, you were right - though it doesn't make any sense.

I used the next XBMC supported format so far: 1x01, 1x02 etc'... - no problems in 13.2. Kodi 14.0 finds it only in the beginning and can't find it when re-scanning.

Changing it to another supported format: S01E01, S01E02 - solved all my problems.

Weird.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the idea! It's still a bug though, but at-least I can work it out!

UPDATE: I was happy too prematurely... it didn't work after all...
I am having this exact same problem with SMB on two different Amazon Fire TVs. My episodes are named "[Show Name] - SxEE - [Episode Name]", SxEE is Season#xEpisode#

I have tried removing the share and all data on that share from the library, and then re-adding the share back. It performs the initial scan without any problems (including content that was added after removing it), but subsequent searches do not find any new content... except randomly, however, it will pick up an occasional episode.

I have upgraded to the Kodi 14.1 beta build, kodi-20150111-47f67de-Helix-fix-5842-testing-armeabi-v7a.apk, and this is still happening.

Library scans worked without any issues on the previous build of XBMC 13.
I was just about to make this topic myself.

After my cleaning function stopped functioning I deleted my entire database and started over today.

I added one source, renamed an episode of TV, did a clean and it now disappeared like it should.

I then did a library update and it didn't come back, I manually removed and added the show again, I refreshed the source and did multiple "scan for new contents" in different areas and I closed and reopened Kodi.

If I went to the TV Show and hit the "I" key it would refresh the TV but not the episodes when normally it would do the whole thing.

I was finally able to get the show back by opening opening the show, going to refresh and selecting that I wanted to refresh information for all episodes.

My entire library is local and running Kodi.
Guys - as I was writing you a long reply, the bug got fixed - http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15664 .
Oops, forgot to post in here and close the ticket. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6204 should take care of it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@mkortstiege - thanks man! =D You're awesome! I'm going to try it now.
Just curious, but has this been merged into the nightlies for Android (ARM)? I'm still encountering this issue at least as of yesterday's nightly version. It seems to be more reliable, but still skips some shows. This never happened before upgrading to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't re-add TV Shows0