• 10(current)
WIP Experimental simple deinterlacing
1) Yes
2) Either
3) With libstagefright only. mpeg2 is not accelerated with mediacodec (Android OS issue)
Hi,

I hope it is OK to come back to the Deinterlacing-topic :-)
I am a owner of a FireTV stick now.

By using live-TV (TS-stream, DVBViewer) I was suprised about, that the BOB-Deinterlacer is not really working on fireTV stick for HD-video.
i tested with kodi 15 beta 1 and mediacodec (libstagefright seems to not work in this version for FireTV stick).

The video-quality without Deinterlacer was good so far, but sports (Football) is very diffuse.

When I start the BOB-Deinterlacer with 1080i the picture starts to flicker like hell. Unwatchable. Whatever I use BOB or BOB(inverted).
Strange: when I start the Deinterlacer on 720p video - the video is getting interlace-effects :-) (stairs...)
Is this known and is the FireTv stick just a part of kodi-development?

Thank you !

SaEt9000
As far as I know, bob deinterlacing is supported only with libstagefright and not on mediacodec.
Anyway (on snapdragon 800) HD bob deinterlacing produces massive flickering, a little bit less on latest builds, but still clearly visible.
All is right on SD signals.
Anyway, android live tv quality (deinterlacing) is still not comparable to windows world, clearly better.
Bye,
sdf
On my himedia-device I can use BOB-Deinterlacer successfull with libstagefrigth AND mediacodec. Both works fine.
The effect on FireTV Stick is completely different.

To be honest: the image quality is for most liveTV channels in HD really good - without any deinterlacing. But for sports you see the missing deinterlacer. Very diffuse...

SaEt9000
A little correction.
Flickering doesn't sepend on resolution but on codec.
Mpeg2 (most SD stations) is OK.
AVC-H264 is the flickering problem.
Found that flickering is on all hd stations (all h264).
But found also an SD h264 station and the flickering is still there.
So problem is on the codec, not the resolution.
This is at least on my configuraion (Snapdragon 801)
Bye,
sdf
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but not sure where things are at with this. I've recently switched my Nexus Player on again after a while (been using a WeTek and an RPi2).

I've upgraded to Marshmallow, but one of the issues I used to have still appears to be present in 15.2. Specifically, I've disabled libstagefright, but want de-interlacing to work. If I set de-interlace to 'auto' the video from live tv (tvheadend) is juddery. If I set to 'yes', video is super-smooth. Obviously, I don't want to leave it at this setting, as non-interlaced video doesn't work properly.

So my question is this, is there a better setting I can use? If not, what do I need to do to get a log dump from Android, as I can't ssh in to my Nexus Player?

Thanks for your help.
Is this project still going?
Any ideas on what the future of this is on FireTV now that Kodi 16 is dropping libstagefright support?
The only thing I can say is that I tried both nightly Jarvis and 15.2 and the problem of flickering with h264 is still there (at least with my device - lg g3 snapdragon 801)
Bye,
sdf
(2015-11-01, 21:23)kmarq Wrote: Any ideas on what the future of this is on FireTV now that Kodi 16 is dropping libstagefright support?

Yeah have the same problem, so I've posted it here, but not sure if should have posted it here.

Regards
Vlaves
Should still work with mediacodec NON-surface
(2015-12-21, 19:08)Koying Wrote: Should still work with mediacodec NON-surface

Thanks so much for the reply. The error was in front of the TV Smile I just allowed it to use with surface, cause I thought it is a newer method Smile What is the difference between surface and non surface?
Okay, just quickly sideloaded jarvis beta 4 on my AFTV 1st gen. yes the options are there, but it is useing dc-ff-h264 for decodeing, not amc as it should.

How can I ensure hardware acceleration is used also for PVR. I'm useing tvheadend as the backend.
(2015-10-18, 20:39)craigbeat Wrote: Sorry to resurrect this thread, but not sure where things are at with this. I've recently switched my Nexus Player on again after a while (been using a WeTek and an RPi2).

I've upgraded to Marshmallow, but one of the issues I used to have still appears to be present in 15.2. Specifically, I've disabled libstagefright, but want de-interlacing to work. If I set de-interlace to 'auto' the video from live tv (tvheadend) is juddery. If I set to 'yes', video is super-smooth. Obviously, I don't want to leave it at this setting, as non-interlaced video doesn't work properly.

So my question is this, is there a better setting I can use? If not, what do I need to do to get a log dump from Android, as I can't ssh in to my Nexus Player?

Thanks for your help.
I have the exact same issue, I believe the problem is that Kodi can't pull the interlace flag from the HW decoder, if you disable HW acceleration the Auto option works like you would expect.
I'm hoping there would be some sort of setting that could be added to the advancedsettings.xml where you could enable/disable deinterlacing based on resolution/codec/file extension.
Hello.
I have Amazon Fire TV box, after installed KODI 16 Jarvis I have the problems to see video and TV. Problem is that after 20-25 min my video or TV program were closed (I tried from several add ones) and I need to open my video/TV again. I had before KODI 14 and it work without any problem. Also in KODI 14 I had option continue watch from stopped place (not start a new watching in the KODI 16). Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks & Regard
Leonid.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental simple deinterlacing1