• 4(current)
WIP Experimental simple deinterlacing
Ok Koying.
Tried both on my LG G3 (SnapDragon 801) and my old Archos 101G9 (Dual Core 1 Ghz TI Omap).
On LG G3 the result is very good.
With Bob I have 50fps and sports (ski, soccer) are very playable and good looking.
With HWaccel (HD avc channels) I have best result with Bob Inverted, but every now and then have flickering on the screen.
If I touch the screen and call OSD, the flickering goes away. When OSD closes, flickering comes again.
If I stop and start again the channel, the flickering is absent, but comes again after a while.
Flickering is completely absent with SD and software decoding.
On my old tablet if I select BOB (SD channels) fps goes down from 25 to 6-7.
CPU utilization stays the same (around 50-60%), only fps goes down and video is practically unwatchable.
If I select software blend deinterlacing fps goes again to 25 and video is playable perfectly.
Tell me if you need further tests, or logs, etc.
Anyway, the results are very very good.
Thank you,
sdf
(2015-01-17, 20:57)Koying Wrote: Updated build with bob enabled for s/w decoding:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Hi koying,

i saw the new apk just before you had it posted here Blush

I made some some tests urgent on my Himedia Q10ii (Dual Core / Cortex-A9 1.6GHz, hisilikon chip / Mali400 GPU ).
The results for my short tests with SD-video where amazing good !! Big GrinOn a 42" TV !

i tested sports, old interlaced DVDs (friends 1st series - converted NTSC to PAL !! ), animees in interlaced video - the result was always very, very good. I can 4:3 video now fit to screen without greater quality-loss !!

To be honest: i had now time to made longer tests until now. Sometimes he problems are coming when i play video for longer then 10 minutes.
But: it is a great improvement the SD-video is smooth and in very good quality (near to HD Blush).

I made test with mediacodec enabled and then with libstagefrigth enabled. The results where the same. Used configuration : deinterlace auto / BOB .

Thanks a lot for this amazing improvement !!!!

It would be a dream, if it will find its way in SPMC soon.... BlushBlushBlush

SaEt9000
(2015-01-13, 11:21)Koying Wrote: Sure. But s/w decoding DOES do deinterlacing, so the question is: Is it good enough, and, if not, why?

now, we have the answer: because your BOB-solution is much much better, the image is much more sharpen and smooth.Brilliant work ! Big Grin

SaEt9000
More efficient BOB for s/w decoded vids:
@Koying: any chance to get 'Auto' working? Currently with 'Auto' enabled it is correctly showing BOB (inverted) as deinterlacing method, but it's not doing anything. Framerate stays at 25p, only when I set 'Deinterlace video' to 'On' it's working.
I don't dare saying "never" again, but I don't see how I could detect an interlaced video when coming from the h/w decoders.
The info is just not coming back, and even the demuxer doesn't have the info.
@Koying,
Much better with more efficient version,but still 13 fps on 1ghz dual core tablet.
Thank you,
sdf
And how much not deinterlaced?
(2015-01-18, 19:39)Koying Wrote: I don't dare saying "never" again, but I don't see how I could detect an interlaced video when coming from the h/w decoders.
The info is just not coming back, and even the demuxer doesn't have the info.

it is not a big deal parsing this info out of video stream. you could do this in decoder entry stage and set the appropriate flag at output. For h.264 this info is coded in SEI and mpeg2 in sequence extension. For an example have a look at my closed captions parser:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...C.cpp#L238

Raspberry Pi users reported that the parser does not put noticeable load on the CPU.
(2015-01-18, 21:28)Koying Wrote: And how much not deinterlaced?
It was 6-7 fps with first version, 13fps with more efficient version when I use no deinterlacing or software blend I get perfect 25 fps.
Bye,
sdf
(2015-01-18, 18:30)Koying Wrote: More efficient BOB for s/w decoded vids:

hi Koying,

i tested this new build but im back to the build from the 17th on my Himedia Q10ii.

reasons:
in the build from the 18th i have short slow-motion effects in SD-video when i enable BOB (inverted) and the CPU performance increases for a moment to 100 %
This effect was reproducable at the same timepoints of the videos. Back to build from the 17th: video was 100% smooth

no idea why: in the build from the 17th i have to use "BOB" - in the build from the 18th i had flickering with that and had to change to "BOB(inverted)"

on HD h264 video (medicodec) I have with the build from the 17th a very smooth video. Normally i have from time to time short stutter - not with this build. It continues smooth !! The build from the 18th seems to bring no stuttering but something like "micro-stuttering". It is this kind of video what do not skip a frame but it looks like a video with missing half-frames. But this problem i have with mediacodec every time - somtimes more, sometimes less. In some earlier SPMC builds it was to reduced by stop/start of the video. I did not find the reason therefore - maybe it has something to do with the basic-video-configuration.

result:The build from the 17th January is the best xbmc/kodi/spmc build i ever tried. The build from the 18th is it not Blush

Anything else, what i can do ? A debug-log?

SaEt9000
oh - i just took a look on the test-build history... there is a new build from today... (19th) - what is changed in this build?

SaEt9000
(2015-01-19, 19:49)SaEt9000 Wrote: oh - i just took a look on the test-build history... there is a new build from today... (19th) - what is changed in this build?
Nothing, it's just a master build rather than an helix one.
(2015-01-19, 21:29)Koying Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 19:49)SaEt9000 Wrote: oh - i just took a look on the test-build history... there is a new build from today... (19th) - what is changed in this build?
Nothing, it's just a master build rather than an helix one.

interesting... i installed it yesterday in the evening and made some tests.

the stutter effect in SD-video is away. Big Grin
But I still have to choose "BOB-inverted". For whatever reason... - but is not important, only a fact.
HD video runs perfect now again (mediacodec, im sure libstagefritght as well - but i prefer mediacodec). For interlace-HD video i have to use the option deinterlace:"active" for a perfect result.
For 720p video the deinterlace has to be switched off or the option "auto" has to be used.

So this build from the 19th is as good as the build from the 17th for me.

Autodetect for HD-interlace-video would be really great Big Grin

SaEt9000
Conflicting results Wink
I'll commit as-is and we can build from there, including auto-detect.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental simple deinterlacing1