Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
(2016-03-23, 21:52)NeroBoron Wrote: Usually I select a song from "all songs" because I want to hear this song now and then some random songs of my library. When I want to listen to another specific song during playback I ssearch and select it in "all songs" again.
I only use the other views when I want to listen to a specific genre/artist/album. Which only happens in 5% of the cases.

So you want to hear more than the one song you select, but other than the first selected one you don't care what is played? I would never have thought of that!

Popcornmix Wrote:Please contemplate it. Current scheme of playing a track from songs node generating a playlist of 50000 tracks (and taking minutes) is so broken.

If what you want is to play a single track a simple solution would be to turn off auto play next. The problem is that hitting play on a song from songs node (or a large smart playlist) currently means play everything on this list from here. So again I ask is it reasonable to limit the number of songs that auto play next puts on the current play list?

Or are we looking for auto play next to work like party mode but without the shuffling? I guess we are.

The ability to continue play of a playlist from where you left off would be nice.

Unfortunately I am a limited resource. If there are easy wins to be made I will try, but the bigger changes to playlist management needs time I do not have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI useless on large music libraries Part II - by DaveBlake - 2016-03-24, 10:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0