Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
Not the best place to ask for an alternative to Kodi, really. I suggest you post a new thread somewhere else.

But I also have to wonder exactly what problem you are experiencing. There are actually several different "problems" discussed in this thread, or at least people wanting different things.

Quote:... adding songs to the playlist takes forever.

Generally this is not true. I play what I want to listen to on a RPi and it starts pretty quick (if my NAS drive is awake). I know that adding my entire large music collection, all the songs, to the playlist will be slow. Is that what you are experiencing?

The key feature of the music library is being able to carefully select what to play, so can you not do that? That is use Kodi to pick just a subset of songs to add to the playlist at a time. OK, some future time it would be nice to fix the slow songs node issue, and it is more than just debug messages slowing things I think, but meanwhile can you not work around this known issue? Do you have to have all your songs in the playlist?

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI useless on large music libraries Part II - by DaveBlake - 2016-09-11, 10:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0