Bug KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II
There are several (performance) issues with the music selection. I could upload several debug infos, my database and so on but this is lot of work and I will not do so if this matter is not taken seriously.
I know it's an edge case and almost nobody experience them. As the title says, it is an issue of large databases. In my case songs > 380.000, artists > 40.000
I could upload test databases and description -> sql-query-samples and modifications how to address the issue, video instruction etc.

Spoiler, the sql queries are suboptimal. e.g. selection Artist or Artist AND Album artist results into a query difference between couple of seconds and over 2 minutes (I7 16GB ram). So first, the sql queries must be updated, probably the music db layout as well.
Second, the playlist creation is also "slow", but step by step.

So if any of the devs are really interested fixing the issue, I can point them to the exact location.

btw, this issue is partially related to custom node filters but not the core issue. confirmed, it's not

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II - by quickmic - 2022-08-07, 19:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is too slow on huge lists of songs Part II0