Linux remote unable to wake after long suspend
Hi all,

This is a bit of a weird one, but it appears that my harmony one remote and hp ir receiver are unable to wake my kodibuntu box after a long suspend. It is particularly strange given that the remote and ir receiver are able to suspend and wake the box if the suspend is not too long. It is hard to tell, but it seems like a suspend of a couple of hours or so is ok, but any more appears to render the remote unable to wake it.

I followed the instructions provided here to enable the ir receiver to wake the computer:

http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74-ubu...me-usb-hid

The remote is set up through the Logitech software to sleep via one button using the keyboard shortcut for suspend (which I forget at the moment) and woken using another custom button set to power toggle to wake it, which seems to be the only command capable of waking the computer.

I am a bit of a Linux novice, so am a bit unsure as to what logs would be helpful in diagnosing the issue, but am happy to track them down if further information is required.

Any and all help would be much appreciated as it is quite a slippery and frustrating issue!
Sorry to bump but really hoping someone else may have come up against this and found a solution?
My Logitech Harmony / HP MCE receiver can't wake Kodi at all so curious if a fix is made. Tred the guide you linked but fails at the first command for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote unable to wake after long suspend0