All channels detected as DRM after recording
Hey guys,

I'm using HDHomeRun Prime with cablecard. I just found out I get HBO included with my basic cable subscription. I edited the channel listing in WMC and sure enough, HBO works great in WMC.

When I reloaded the channel listing in ServerWMC, it did not detect any DRM on any of the 64 channels. (about 5 are HBO and are DRM) I started a recording on HBO and then reloaded the channels using the button in ServerWMC. It then detected all 64 channels as DRM. I stopped the recording and reloaded channels again. All 64 were still marked as DRM in ServerWMC. I restarted ServerWMC and reloaded the channels, this had no affect and all 64 channels were still flagged as DRM. I rebooted the tuner and all channels were still marked as DRM. I then rebooted the WMC machine and that cleared the DRM issue. All 64 channels were imported and no channels are detected with DRM.

I enabled the Debug_AllChannelDetail option early in troubleshooting and you can see that the tuner gets marked as PROT_COPY_ONCE. This appears to be attached to the tuner and is not cleared until I rebooted the machine. Any channel using that tuner was marked as PROT_COPY_ONCE. The other two tuners you can see are marked PROT_COPY_FREE.

I uploaded the log to your google drive under the sbthomas folder as they were too large for pastebin. The log describing the above is: ServerWMC.3.log. The log after a reboot is: ServerWMC.log.

I'll try to get my source up to date and run the debugger to see if I can find the issue but any ideas would be appreciated!
If you look early on in the first log you'll see:

Code:
2015/01/05 15:34:05.810 GetLineUpsAndChannels> started
2015/01/05 15:34:08.069 GetRecorderInfo> error getting rec info from Guid, Guid: aad85c90-26be-4fa9-8077-632d5f7ecf7a, error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070037): The specified network resource or device is no longer available. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070037)
   at ehiProxy.RecorderMgrClass.FindRecorderByID(Guid guid, IRecorderInfo& ppRecorder)
   at ServerWMC.Worker.Tuner.GetRecorderInfo(Guid guid)
2015/01/05 15:34:08.069 GetLineUpsAndChannels>  error: DRM QUERY FAILED (COM,Service,RecTV_Folder down)

In the above, swmc tried to query the cp protection on the channels and there was a com error, and every query after that of drm was the same failure. Swmc marks these failures as drm detected (probably should change that one of these days). These com errors, when they occur, usually require a reboot as you found. I don't know how the systems gets in this bad state, but users report them form time to time. I have two hdhr primes and have never had it happen (but that figures right?). If you can get it reproduce-able and can make headway with a debugger that would be a big help.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I just uploaded ServerWMC_20150105.1.log which is a log from a startup prior to rebooting the PC but after restarting the tuner. The error you mention above is not present. All channels are still detected as DRM.

I've been looking at the code and the method which gets the copy protection: rInfoEx.GetCPType(out protectionType); During normal startup it is not detecting HBO as a copy protected (DRM) channel. Is there any way to tell what this actually does? Is there a way in WMC to see if it thinks a channel is DRM? If I try to watch, it tells me it can only be played over hdmi.
I tried again to duplicate the issue and this time it behaved as expected, the tuner was not locked on DRM. However, I'm still curious as to why the HBO channels are not being recognized as DRM.

On a related note, if the channels are not being marked as DRM, can I exclude them using Client Restrictions? Is there a wildcard for <client>? I don't want any of the clients to be able to see those channels as they cannot be played on any xbmc clients.

Thanks!
Unfortunately you need to setup a client restriction entry in the config file for each client separately.

I know this sucks and I did consider allowing it to be a comma separated list of client names but then would have had to handle multiple restrictions applying to the same client (eg if it was in more than one restriction entry) which opened a whole can of worms in terms of precendence etc. So as it is for now, the clientname is the "key" to the structure and doesnt allow duplicates, and has to be an exact match (not case sensitive though) of the name (or IP) of a single client
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Good deal, thanks for the info.

Do you have any ideas on why the CP is not being detected on my HBO channels? If I pull up the HDHomeRun web page, they are marked with DRM. For some reason it doesn't seem like WMC is marking them. I can actually view the channels through KODI, and they are displayed in the garbled manner as expected. Any ideas?
It may be that the prime drivers just don't communicate the cp state, at least not the way we detect it. And if there is another way to detect cp with the wmc dlls I haven't found it. However, we could read in the cp state using the xml page that the primes serve up; the hdhr class in swmc could be modified to do that (hint hint). It would be nice though, if possible, to handle the cp the same way we do other devices, but we do get complaints of cp not being detected correctly occasionally so our method might need some work.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All channels detected as DRM after recording0