• 7(current)
Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
(2015-01-16, 15:31)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-16, 11:45)McYoshi Wrote: Thanks for the fixes in the PVR section. I'd like to show you what I mentioned earlier about the missing now playing in the right corner when on home screen showing widgets.

http://imgur.com/a/r9O2S

t's actually a bug you have been able to select that option, it should only be available when widgets are disabled.

Basically, It's an option to show now playing information on the homescreen without having to use widgets. If you want to use widgets and have now playing information on the homescreen you need to add the now playing widget where you want it to go.

I see what you mean. When I select the Now Playing widget I see the playing radio channel in the lower left corner. The rest of the screen is black. Would it be a good idea to show the corresponding logo of the channel?
I just realized that it isn't just stuck on tile view. I can change the viewtype to anything, but it only affects the folder level directly above it.

For example, my recordings folder structure is: Default folder > All Shows (Grouped+Ungrouped) > Grouped episodes. (not the actual names Big Grin)

Any view change I apply to Default folder works. In the "Shows" folder, any change reverts to the Default folder and applies the change there, leaving "Shows" in the wrong view. Same applies to the "Episodes" folder. It flips back one folder and applies the change there. (to the Shows folder, in this case.) The Episodes folder can't be changed at all.

The Shows folder is a mix of folders and actual recordings and the Episodes folders are nothing but recordings.

I hope that wasn't too long winded. Big Grin
(2015-01-16, 15:59)McYoshi Wrote: I see what you mean. When I select the Now Playing widget I see the playing radio channel in the lower left corner. The rest of the screen is black. Would it be a good idea to show the corresponding logo of the channel?

Ah, I hadn't even thought of radio with regards to the now playing widget actually.

The black screen is likely because the Artist Slideshow add-on is looking for fanart, but obviously not finding any because it's a radio stream. The slideshow is set up to initiate when there's audio playing, I'm going to need to make a distinction between radio and non-radio here.

Going to need to take a look and see what's doable here. Cheers

(2015-01-16, 16:13)wheatfield Wrote: I just realized that it isn't just stuck on tile view. I can change the viewtype to anything, but it only affects the folder level directly above it.

For example, my recordings folder structure is: Default folder > All Shows (Grouped+Ungrouped) > Grouped episodes. (not the actual names Big Grin)

Any view change I apply to Default folder works. In the "Shows" folder, any change reverts to the Default folder and applies the change there, leaving "Shows" in the wrong view. Same applies to the "Episodes" folder. It flips back one folder and applies the change there. (to the Shows folder, in this case.) The Episodes folder can't be changed at all.

The Shows folder is a mix of folders and actual recordings and the Episodes folders are nothing but recordings.

I have a hunch about what may be causing it, I'll look into it. Not too long winded at all Smile
I'm a total nube.
I just downloaded Kodi for Windows 7 Kodi 14.0 Git:20141223-ad747d9.
Tried to install re-Focus.
System, Appearance,Skin, "get more"
I could only find re-Focus 1.3.3 in the "incompatible" list.
message "Addon is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository, Dependencies not met."
I downloaded re-Focus 1.3.3.zip.
Tried to install from Add-ons zip files. got "Dependencies not met."
Do I have to download and install all the Add-ons listed in the first post to load re-Focus?
Sorry for nubie question.
(2015-01-17, 04:56)billraim Wrote: I'm a total nube.
I just downloaded Kodi for Windows 7 Kodi 14.0 Git:20141223-ad747d9.
Tried to install re-Focus.
System, Appearance,Skin, "get more"
I could only find re-Focus 1.3.3 in the "incompatible" list.
message "Addon is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository, Dependencies not met."
I downloaded re-Focus 1.3.3.zip.
Tried to install from Add-ons zip files. got "Dependencies not met."
Do I have to download and install all the Add-ons listed in the first post to load re-Focus?
Sorry for nubie question.

At the bottom of Jeroen's signature is a link for the repo. Install that as a zip, then download the skin from the repo.
(2015-01-17, 05:55)wheatfield Wrote: At the bottom of Jeroen's signature is a link for the repo. Install that as a zip, then download the skin from the repo.

Thanks, just one small step had such powerful impact.
(2015-01-16, 16:13)wheatfield Wrote: I just realized that it isn't just stuck on tile view. I can change the viewtype to anything, but it only affects the folder level directly above it.

Spent some time looking into this one, my hunch wasn't correct unfortunately. The viewtypes used by recordings are the same as for example movies, and the code that handles the viewtype switching is largely the same too. I removed any conditions that could have an effect on this, but the issue still remains.

However when I add a button that cycles through the views one by one (the way for instance Confluence switches views) then the views "stick". I'm not sure but I think the issue may be related to http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15706

Hopefully I'll hear something about that soon, as I have run out of ideas about this. I'll make an issue on Github so I don't forget about it.

EDIT: forget about the above, I have located the issue. Fix on Github.
reFocus 2.0.6 preview release available

fixes/changes:
  • changing viewtype in recordings would move directory up
  • updated translations
  • various changes and fixes specific to radio
  • "Show now playing item in homescreen" skin setting should not show when widgets are enabled
  • various other pvr related fixes

Get it through the repo add-on.
Jeroen, is it easy for me to add the 'manage' option to the info screen when using kiosk mode?

If its just adding or removing something in a xml file could you point me in the right direction?
I like the look of the kiosk mode but find myself enabling and disabling kiosk mode a couple of times a day to change fanart to fit with the logo's. (gallery view)
Would love to have the option there in kiosk mode but i know you dont want it.
Sure, open up DialogVideoInfo.xml. At line 390 you'll find:

PHP Code:
<visible>!SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + !Skin.HasSetting(global.kiosk)</visible> 

change this to:
PHP Code:
<visible>!SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://)</visible> 
Thumbs Up 
Thanks!!
Thanks for the update, it's working now.

I noticed a graphic glitch in the epg when I set a recording. The recording icon shifts the text out of the block. It's pretty insignificant, but I just wanted to point it out.

Finally, I was wondering if you could add the big list view into the recording section? For certain shows such as talk shows, the information is limited in the list view:

Compared to this:

It may be problematic if recording a talk show every night and it just displays the Show title over and over again.

Thanks for the consideration and all the work you're doing.
Playing Live TV and pressing i button for info, the background for the logo of the channel is plain blue. However, in the channel list (radio, tv) and EPG you use a sort of mosaic as background for the logos.

Is there a reason for this difference? Wouldn't it be a good idea to make the background plain blue in the channel list and EPG too? I think it would make it easier on the eye.
(2015-01-17, 18:31)wheatfield Wrote: I noticed a graphic glitch in the epg when I set a recording. The recording icon shifts the text out of the block. It's pretty insignificant, but I just wanted to point it out.
I've tweaked the label size a bit here. Could you drop this file into your skin.refocus/720p folder and restart Kodi (or switch to a different skin and back to reFocus again)? In the PVR Demo Add-on I can't see these icons, and the labels size dynamically so it's basically guess work for me. Anyway, please check if this makes it fit well.

Quote:Finally, I was wondering if you could add the big list view into the recording section? For certain shows such as talk shows, the information is limited in the list view:
I think that will be possible yes. Just out of curiosity, if you use the PVR to record tv shows, where does the artwork come from? Is that provided by the back-end? Or do you set it manually like you can with for example a movie in your library?

I'm also asking because there's two different variations of the big list view, one with portrait artwork (used for tvshows, seasons and movies) and one with landscape images (used for episodes). In the video library I can easily detect whether a listing is showing tvshows or episodes. In recordings I don't think there's a reliable way to do that. The only distinction I can make is folders and files. That will get me a long way, but if you have subfolders, the whole thing fails. But as you have two different artwork types in your screenshots I am wondering how that works.

Quote:Thanks for the consideration and all the work you're doing.
Thanks Smile
The epg patch worked, so it looks perfect now, thanks.

The artwork is scraped by the backend (mythtv), though it was having weird issues until the (refocus) 2.0.6 update. It wouldn't display unless I manually scraped everything. I didn't bring it up before because I assumed it was a backend issue. But it started working after the update. Huh

The artwork is saved on the backend in separate coverart and fanart folders, and those two folders contain all the art from all recordings, no subfolders. I'm not sure how xbmc or the pvr plugin reads it, because any changes I make to the artwork on the backend won't update in xbmc. Huh Actually, there are episode thumbnails in the folder with the recordings as well, but xbmc doesn't see these, and it has to grab it's own thumbnail. I'm going a little off-topic here, I guess.

If it helps at all, I've got an installation of Gotham running with reFocus 1.4, and it looks like this:

The fanart shows up correctly, as it does in 2.0.6. But I suppose it's trying to display a portrait in the landscape view? It's seeing the portrait either way. I'd be just as happy with only a landscape in big list view for recordings.

On another topic, I'm having mixed results with displaying episode thumbnails when there is no artwork. It works in the list and somewhat in the tile view, but not the others. For example:

These aren't backend related, they're the thumbnails that xbmc extracts.

Thanks again. I hope I'm not too long winded, again.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)5