No picture through hdmi
Hi firstly I'm completely new to this so excuse my ignorance.. I have just bought an a android TV box running KitKat, my problem is I connected it to my oldish pioneer plasma TV through HDMI and it won't display a picture..I tried various cables with no luck, I've just received a replacement box with exactly the same results so I tried it on my newer TV in the bedroom and both boxes display fine!!!! Obviously I bought this box to use on my large TV in the lounge...my ps4 and virgin box both work fine via HDMI on my large TV .... Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it as there's no way my wife is going to let me buy a new TV for the lounge as it seems this is the problem..
Any help appreciated
I'm just guessing here but it sounds like a combination of your TV which has an old implementation of HDMI and your Android Box which is likely to be a less than perfect implementation of the HDMI spec, resulting in an incompatibility. HDMI was notorious for these negotiation problems in the early days.

Try changing inputs on your TV, you might have better luck with HDMI Input 1 rather than the others. Or play with the order in which you switch things on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No picture through hdmi0