Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2015-09-08, 16:21)MoRbIdBoY Wrote: Really love this skin, but there seems to be a major bug. Helix 14.2. (Same on all versions up). Skin version 1.2.

The 'movie information' for addons in list view is very hit and miss. All I'm seeing on a lot of addons is the movie title and run length under it. No poster. No movie information. I can run trailer, go back, and the info and poster is there, scroll up and down a little onto other titles and it will hit a title and disappear again.

Dont know enough about skins to tell you whats happening, but I'm guessing something in the get information, or show information routines is crashing. Can't mention the plugs here, but the plugs I can't mention, all of them.

Also, could someone tell me what the 'Show Information' option is in the context menu and why it does absolutely nothing (should mention its there and does zero on ALL skins), cheers.

Also, could we have goodies like ExtendScript and NextAired support, I quite like it.

Skin is coming together thank for the hard work. APPRECIATED.
'MoRbIdBoY,

Thank you for not mentioning the addons, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies with them. Now I say I'm pretty sure for a number of reasons but the main one would be that I have no control over what information is presented by the addons to display, I just display what I'm given (as do ALL skins). Think of a skin as a web page written in a very old form of html and you have a basic idea of what we are doing.

Now part of the problem is because these plugins wont be accepted into the main Kodi repo because of questionable legality, the authors of these plugins don't feel they need to follow the standard Kodi coding conventions and so anytime there is any change to Kodi the chance of breakage is pretty high. That and also because they don't follow stand conventions the chances of them messing up Kodi is also pretty high. Just for those reasons alone I would recommend that you remove the plugins, but if you feel the risk is worth it, your first port of call should always be the plugin authors.

As to "Show information", no idea, probably added to context menu by one of the dodgy scripts you are using.

Skin does already have limited "Next Aired" support (I have included skin files to show screens in a AppTV manner), but shelf widget support was pulled when I changed how widgets were handled. I'm currently deciding how best to bring this back for AppTV and were I should include this, so WIP

"ExtendScript", again have no idea what this is. What other skins make use of this?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2015-09-08, 17:03
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1