Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-05-28, 21:38)Japgeisha Wrote: is this skin made strictly for apple tv or can be used by other platform as android ?thx
Japgeisha,

while the design language is AppleTV/iOS (that is I try to follow Apple UI design conventions where possible), the skin should be fine on every platform that Kodi is available on. There have been some people in the past who have been tripped up by the Apple way that were not use to some of the UI conventions, but hopefully most people pick them up pretty quickly.

Just for the record I make use of the following ideas to clue the user to what is going on.

Solid blue circle next to a item means new or un-watched. Half circle is partially watched, and no circle is watched.

I'm still adding the following to parts of the skin, but either top of the screen or to the left (depending on if current view scrolls up/down or left/right) there are a series of dots to show that there is additional focusable content that may or may not be visible. The current focus item shows in white, the unfocused content shows as grey. So for example in the video list view, there may be two, three or four dots. The main list view is usually the second dot, the first is the skins screen settings menu (what other skins would call the side or blade menu). So if you were to move left from the main list, the hidden settings menu would display. You can in the main skin settings menus turn off this menu and also control when and if a letterbar and scrollbar are displayed.

The other main convention I have tried to enforce is to show that there is additional content available either off screen or in a dialog or list that the user should scroll to view. Usually this is a small > , but in some cases I have used other ways to try to convey this idea. Mostly these things are a little subtle as I try to keep the display uncluttered, but if you look closely you should spot what is going on.

Most of all I would urge you and anyone else who makes use of the skin to visit the skins settings menus. There is a wealth of customizations available here that it would seem most people don't look at. Out of the box the skin may look a little bland and simple, but there are settings available here that match what is available in the heaviest weight skins. I just choose to ship lightweight for the lower powered systems that Kodi is available on, if you have a fast box load up the settings and you will see what the skin is truly capable of.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2016-05-29, 16:23
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1