Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2019-02-08, 14:17)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: If you mean why do I show info when I show the button menu, it's because Kodi allows the info screen and button menu to be shown at the same time, might as well just show info as I have to allow space for it anyway.

All good. Channel 9 info / Plot display now showing. Channel 9 was my only issue Previously not showing when pulling up OSD. Great feature for me. Wink

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Also don't understand your long press comment above, care to explain further please.

Long Press the ENTER Button during live tv . I called  it the OK Button . 

(2019-02-08, 04:16)wyrm Wrote: Another issue is that the default button needs to be something that will not cause major issues if accidentally clicked, thus the reason play/pause is the default button.

I get that. I don't get why in Estuary , No fast forward / rewind / pause is visible during live tv playback. 
If AppTV worked like that, the Record button may fit in the row ? 

Mainly because as AppTV OSD is currently coded removing items from bottom line of buttons WILL require that each top line of buttons be moved to match buttons on bottom line. So in effect I need a layout for PVR and a layout for non PVR. Will happen, just not this time around as will be a lot of work. BTW, artist quote was supposedly said by Steve Jobs. Point being, there comes a point where you have to say that's enough and just ship.

Quote:I use navigation arrows on keyboard to change channels up / down. Would never use the OSD arrows.
Same for Volume Up/Down.

Think you will find that there should be keyboard (and remote) keys for just about everything on the OSD. Mostly there as another way to interact with Kodi (as it is with all skins).

Quote:
(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Final note, did try the record button in the position over the play/pause button, but looked out of place so dropped the idea.

Hmm ! The Artist afraid to show his work ??  Undecided
Cheers mate. Great work. 

Cheeky. If you would like to make it happen from your end to see what you think, file to edit is VideoOSD.xml. Move the record button control from group list it is currently in to the group list that has the uptempo and downtempo buttons in it. Simple change really, just looks a bit naff.

Quote:
(2019-02-08, 08:51)wyrm Wrote: Finally, have now included a teletext button in the settings OSD menu, not that I think it is used overly much here in Australia any more.

Saw that. Clicking on Teletext only Hides OSD and no teletext shows, no way to get OSD back unless i use my Keyboard to stop playback  "X" Key.
I don't use it.

Back to keyboard codes since you seem to be using one. "ESCAPE" will take you out of teletext mode and back to normal fullscreen video windows. No need to stop play back. On teletext in Australia, tried a number of channels here in Perth with varying degrees of limited success. Pretty much useless as no one's seems to be transmitting anything other than test pages. Only included it because Estuary does.

BTW, caught a couple of other minor bugs, including on the dialog you long pressed enter to bring up. Has been pushed up to github.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2019-02-08, 16:52
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1