Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2020-11-18, 10:04)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-11-16, 10:14)C0nvert Wrote: Btw is it possible to customize the Homescreen Shortcut Action with custom Actions?
e.g if i start Live TV from the Homescreen (press on TV Icon) it executes: ActivateWindow(tvguide)
I would prefer ActivateWindow(tvchannels) instead.
One can change it in Custom_HomeMenuItems.xml.
But it would be more User friendly to do it from the Skin Menu itself.

Instead, setting up this view (or any other Action like shortcuts to Video Addons) directly through the Skin (custom Action String), would be nice.

@C0nvert ,

sorry for slow reply, have been busy bug stomping. I have pushed a number of fixes up to my GitHub, if you are capable of making use of that, your previous bug that you reported has been fixed. Otherwise will continue with bug stomp from my end and post a zip file to my downloads section when I think I have nail all the bugs I can find.

As to your post above, couple of points for you.
  • You can change which window opens when entering the PVR section (and other library sections as well) from “Skin Settings” , “Media entry points”, “TV”. There is a bug I found with the string for “TV channels” in the dialog that shows, reads “Radio channels”, but does actually correctly change entry point to TV channels (has also now been fixed). This allows you to show a window other than the TV Guide when you click on the TV icon on the Home Screen.
  • You can change the shortcuts to something other than commands (favourites for instance) and access playlists or favourites addons or even favourite parts of the Kodi system thru the customise Home menu screen. This screen can either be accessed from the Home Screen by navigating left until the screen settings dialog appears or from the skins “Skin settings” menus in the Settings screen. If you can make something a favourite from within Kodi, you can assign it to a shortcut item on the Home Screen. Also if you can make a smart playlist to access Kodi filesystem items, you can assign these playlists to either a Home Screen shortcut or shelf widget.
  • Lastly, am not a huge fan of the idea of of allowing customisation of actions as it allows the chance of the user entering incorrect or inadvisable commands (can we say delete *.*). I much prefer allowing the user to use the gui to find a suitable action to perform (command, playlist or favourite). If the user is hell bent on trashing their setup, at least the action of editing xml files can clue them in that they take responsibility for their actions. If you want to do this I would recommend against changing the skins xml files as you would need to make the changes every time I post a new update. Better way to achieve the same thing is to edit the favourites.xml file in the userdata directory with any missing commands you might want to use, then point the skin shortcut to that favourite entry. Also I am willing to add additional commands to the command selection dialog, just post a list of command in this forum and I will make it happen for the bug fix release.

Wyrm (AppTV)

@wyrm 
I tested so far everything.
The PVR Section is fixed and works perfectly!! ))

Only odd thing i encountered is a Bug, where the first Page of the Plugin has e.g the "Wall" View and the second Page the "Icon" View, third the "List" View and so on.
It seems to shuffle at random through the Addon-Views with every Page.
Got it solved (see below)

Do you know if it's possible to select a default View Model for Video-Addons, e.g the Wall View for all Pages?

I tried to use the remove unused Views option and could bring it down to "Wall" and "List" View.
Even if i try to change the default View and Order in MyVideoNav.xml from 50 to 58. it still shows "List" first for each new Page. 
Furthermore i tried to override the Default View Mode in the Addon itself via this Code: "xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(58)'), unfortinatly this didn't work either. 

And is it possible to change the position of the Default Homescreen Shortcuts like "Add-Ons" , "Quit", "TV" ?
E.g put "Add-Ons" on the last Place.

Btw i created a few more Icons for your skin.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmrW7HagVDOab5r-zZiI...0?e=eiPkRx

Messages In This Thread
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by C0nvert - 2020-11-22, 17:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1