Release Multiplatform Upgrade w MySQL: Gotham to Kodi - Windows, OpenELEC, and Android
Wink 
I successfully upgraded from Gotham to Kodi on Windows, Android, and OpenELEC w mysql with only one hitch.

Order:
Windows
OpenELEC
Android (FireTV Stick)

My mistake:
Fiddling with the Windows install prevented the userdata and custom xml files from being copied.
I was trying to make it quicker, thinking the prereqs were already installed; they weren't.
That caused the first launch of Kodi to fail, which prevented the settings migration process from completing successfully.
I reinstalled with all defaults checked, but whatever migration protocols are kicked off during first launch didn't.
Once I moved the userdata folder and customized xml files to the Kodi folder, Kodi launched and performed the database updates.
The new schemas appeared on my mysql server.

OpenELEC
With Windows complete and operating properly, I moved on to my OpenELEC box.
I copied the target folder files to the update folder via unc paths, rebooted via ssh, waited.
It came back up without a hitch, all functionality worked.
It looks like it renamed the .xbmc folder .kodi and symlinked .xmbc to .kodi.
Easy. Awesome.

Android - FireTV stick
I downloaded the new android build and installed using the adb install command.
I launched Kodi for the first time, and a progress bar indicated that things were being migrated as part of first launch.
Everything worked as expected.

Cleanup
Once I validated that everything was working properly, I removed the earlier databases from mysql (kept a backup just to be safe).
Next step is to formally uninstall XBMC on the FireTV stick.

This whole process was seamless; I caused the only issue.
For an upgrade of this nature to have succeeded so smoothly across three different platforms is a testament to the quality of the release.
Great job, everyone, and thank you so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiplatform Upgrade w MySQL: Gotham to Kodi - Windows, OpenELEC, and Android1