KodiBuntu power question
sorry i dont know linux or ubunto at all but i had a worthless eeepc and installed KodiBuntu on it. works great but i cant seem to find simple step by step instructions on how to do nothing when change lid.

i cant figure out how to change the false to true then save when using suplied xterm program i can get into the file but cant seem to change .

and i used command VI to get into file but it never asked me to login so im not even sure i have permissions to edit.

any help would be awsome
you have to run the editor with sudo like this:
sudo vi /etc/systemd/logind.conf

it will ask for your password.

this oneliner will probably do what you want as well:
Code:
sudo cp  /etc/systemd/logind.conf  /etc/systemd/logind.conf.bak
echo "HandleLidSwitch=ignore" | sudo tee -a /etc/systemd/logind.conf

edit: make a backup before
thank you ill give that a shot
this worked perfect

thank you
Hello so I'm having the same problem and it sounds like this will fix it but i am very new to this and I've yet to figure out how to open a command line to type this command in. Can one of you help?
look here:

SSH (wiki)
Oh ok. And then I would just plug in the code provided by wsnipex?
obviously yes...you have to edit the file he mentioned
Well it doesn't seem to be working for some reason. I originally tried copying the code and it would ask me for my password like it is supposed to. Then I would type it in and it would say sorry try again.
I'm sure I'm typing my password right, so I tried typing in the code to see if that made a difference and I'm still basically getting the same thing.
Not really sure what's wrong with it, but its not that big a deal I'll just leave it be.

Thanks for the help though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiBuntu power question0