Starting playlist from home screen
Question 
Hi, hope this is the right place for this..my first post here..

I am trying to get a playlist to start from a button on the home screen..but I must be missing something..the button has been added, and I can select it..but nothing happens when I press it.. Should this even work in the first place? I mean..is it possible, or am I trying something that just wont work no matter what I do? (..I sorta don't think so..but I'm a newbie so I have to ask when I can't get it to work..)

Here's the code I try to run, it's located in the home.xml :

Code:
<execute>XBMC.PlayMedia(smb://user:[email protected]/Playlists/playlist.m3u)</execute>

It's included in this :

Code:
<control>
    <description>Playlist normal push button</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>18</id>
    <posx>80</posx>
    <posy>448</posy>
    <width>9</width>
    <height>8</height>
    <label>Playlist!</label>
    <font>font10</font>
    <execute>XBMC.PlayMedia(smb://user:[email protected]/Playlists/playlist.m3u)</execute>
    <onleft>98</onleft>
    <onright>6</onright>
    <onup>9</onup>
    <ondown>2</ondown>
    <texturefocus>home-focus.gif</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <textoffsetx>20</textoffsetx>
    <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Player.HasAudio + System.IdleTime(60)]</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000" start="0" end="100" delay="400">VisibleChange</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="200" end="-600,0" acceleration="1.3" delay="0" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animated)">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="500" start="-600,0" acceleration="-1.1" delay="0" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animated)">WindowOpen</animation>
   </control>

I'd like to start a "party" playlist right from the front screen to speed things up..hope someone can point me in the right direction..Smile
Instead of <execute> use <onclick>
Great! Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work! Smile
Yup..that worked! Big Grin

Thanks again! Saved me from having to revert to the old Home.xml Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting playlist from home screen0