Android Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
Still curious about the possibility of streaming local media, from the remote device to the Kodi host (UPnP rendering?). Yatse does it, BubbleUPnP does it, the Kodi install on my phone and tablet does it (stream/render to another Kodi host)... I'm not sure how though (maybe pushing media to Kodi UPnP renderer?). But given that Kodi on android does it, setup config @ Kodi host is the same. and Kore is the official remote, it would be a much welcomed function. It would also eliminate the need for a secondary UPnP/DLNA app, for those that mainly want to push audio/video in one direction (Remote/phone/tablet -> Kodi host).

So far I've mostly been using Yatse for this (Through "Send to" / "Share" android "context" menu, and I must admit - just pushing a video to Kodi (TV) from a file browser, the gallery etc. with "open with" or "send to" context menu in Android, is a lot more practical than gathering people around a 4-5 inch phone screen. Kore has this capability with YouTube videos, but it would be great to be able to do so with local media, too.

Pardon if I've expained myself poorly, I'm not quiiite sure what is the correct terminology for some of these processes and elements.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android - by pr0xZen - 2015-05-12, 15:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android11