How do remove a thumbnail from a custom bookmark?
I accidentally hit the Info button (on my DVD remote) while I was over a bookmark in the Videos section and it loaded up the thumbnail for the very first movie within that bookmark.

I pressed the title button and went to "Choose Thumbnail" and tried selecting another one but it just ignores it. I also tried the "Remove Thumbnail" option and it still didn't change. I even went so far as to completely remove the bookmark source and then added it back in but as soon as I added it back, it came right up with the thumbnail from the movie.

Here's what it looks like now:

And here's what I am trying to get it to look like (from another xbox using the same sources.xml):

I checked sources.xml and it has an entry for the bookmark and it even has a thumbnail link to the correct one I want to use but it just isn't paying any attention to it:

Code:
<bookmark>
            <name>My Movies</name>
            <path>smb://lil-p42800-1/Media/Movies/</path>
            <path>smb://lil-p42800-1/Media2/Movies/</path>
            <thumbnail>E:\Apps\XBMC\UserData\bkmrk-movies.png</thumbnail>
        </bookmark>
You may need to delete the cached thumbnail for the bookmark. In File Manager, browse to XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Video. Then you can either delete the entire Video folder (although this will then cause you to have to rescan all of the thumbs for your video library) or search through it until you find the old picture and delete it.
Always ensure that you read the faq and the online manual before posting support requests.

This post was brought to you by the fine folks at the Heineken Brewing Company.
Oops, thats not supposed to work! You'll need to remove the cached icon to clear it. Just as the context menu is different when at the root, those buttons which map some of those functions need to be prevented from running as well. I'll try to get this corrected in a few days.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
uhm, those thumbs aren't cached are they?

atleast they weren't when i did the code.

and everything works fine here. strange
When you do Info on a folder, it'll cache the thumb as a folder thumb. Here the folder happens to be a bookmark, but its still a folder.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
yeah, i realized after actually reading the whole post Smile

fixed in cvs
thanks spiff.
Dankula Wrote:You may need to delete the cached thumbnail for the bookmark. In File Manager, browse to XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Video. Then you can either delete the entire Video folder (although this will then cause you to have to rescan all of the thumbs for your video library) or search through it until you find the old picture and delete it.

Thanks. Worked great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do remove a thumbnail from a custom bookmark?0