Menu options absent
I installed the newest version of XBMC (not upgrade), and in settings some of the menu options on the left tabs don't display any words and the same goes for some of the options in each tab...they won't display any words, just radio buttons and arrows. Any way to fix this?
yes, it's called actually follow the procedures outlined in the manual when upgrading.
elpimpo12 Wrote:I installed the newest version of XBMC (not upgrade), and in settings some of the menu options on the left tabs don't display any words and the same goes for some of the options in each tab...they won't display any words, just radio buttons and arrows. Any way to fix this?

Forgive me if I'm wrong SleepyP, but it would seem, as he mentioned it, that it is not an upgrade.

elpimpo12, remove everything and try again.
Could it be you are using a different language, which is not supported by the skin you are using?
That is correct, it is not an upgrade but a new installation. I'm using the default skin and English as the language, so it's a bit confusing. I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling with no luck, so I'm not really sure what to try next except try to find the files elsewhere.
The build you have is messed up. Missing text is because you dont have the correct strings.xml file for the build you are running.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Something (one or several files) probebely got currupted during the transfer from your PC or DVD-ROM to the Xbox harddrive. Try again, and check/compare the files and folders structure when you are done.

If that doesn't work then need a full debug log and you must state exacly how you transfered the files to your Xbox.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry, my bad for not reading everything.
and it should also be added that the FTP client used can help/hinder this stuff. from what i understand, there are two modes of transfer in the FTP spec: "binary" and "ASCII". if i remember correctly, you wanna use "binary" mode, but i could be wrong.
I solved the problem...I'm 95% sure some files didn't get deleted out of the "language" and "skins" folders when I tried to delete everything to then do a new install. I think some of the files from the older version were messing things up. I appreciate the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu options absent0