Manually creating a TV show from random video files?
Hello. For a long time I've been adding my own "TV shows" based on various web series which do not exist in conventional scrapers. I do this by creating my own bare-bones EPISODENAME.s1eX.NFO files and TVSHOW.NFO files, such as these:

Code:
<episodedetails><title>Episode Title Goes Here</title><season>1</season></episodedetails>

Code:
<tvshow>
        <title>Random Web Videos</title>
        <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <season>1</season>
<plot></plot>
<episodeguide></episodeguide>
</tvshow>

It worked for about a year and a half but a few months ago this method stopped working. Now it loads the show into the library but refuses to acknowledge the actual episodes appearing as an empty show, even when I tell it a video source contains .NFO files only.

What's changed since then? What's the new method supposed to be? I was hoping this was just a bug which would be ironed out with Kodi's release but it's still an issue. Help, please![/code]
OK. I figured out the problem, although it's a little bit insane.

Apparently, the episode NFO files MUST have whitespace in them. Seriously. See that first code snippet with it all on one line? Kodi hates that and rejects it completely. So, I reworked some batch files to re-do all my NFO files with line breaks and white space, and now it works fine.

Weeeeeird. Is that a bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually creating a TV show from random video files?0