Ubuntu Utopic (14.10) + Kodi 14: CEC not working, freeze on exit
(2015-02-03, 00:40)phoenix427 Wrote: Ran cec-client and it was spewing up permission denied errors - checked which user and group the device belonged to and found that is uses the dialout group. Added myself to that group, logged out and in again and XBMC picked up the CEC adapter straight away! Worth a check anyway.

Hi there, I can also confirm similar.

- New install of Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS ( lsb_release -a )
- Install of Kodi 15.0 from their repos ( kodi --version )
- Pulse 8 repos installed from ppa (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pulse-eight/libcec )
- cec-client installed ( sudo apt-get install cec-utils )
- libCEC version 3.0.1 ( cec-client --info )
- not mandatory, but I created a new user in ubuntu (user kodi)

kodi was giving errors of "Pulse-Eight CEC adapter" "Couldn't initialise the CEC adapter. Please check..." (kodi display message)

found the device and that it was using com port /dev/ttyACM0
$ cec-client -l | grep com\ port

checked the user and group
$ ls -l /dev/ttyACM0

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Aug 2 13:23 /dev/ttyACM0

added this user to the dialout group
$ sudo usermod -aG dialout kodi

After this, kodi did recognise the CEC adaptor but complained about having old firmware (again, a kodi display message)
I looked to install cec-firmware-upgrade as found in another post, but this didn't exist in pulse 8's repos.

however... I've since found that there is nothing further to do... the CEC adaptor will update itself from kodi automatically, and this was confirmed in kodi menus.
(System Settings, System, Input Devices, Peripherals) shows the CEC Adapter Version libCEC 3.0.1 - firmware v5 (2015-01-27)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubuntu Utopic (14.10) + Kodi 14: CEC not working, freeze on exit - by zorruno - 2015-08-02, 00:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu Utopic (14.10) + Kodi 14: CEC not working, freeze on exit0