Legacy HD-DVDs won't play on Kodi?
Kodi novice, just set Kodi up yesterday on an HTPC, got it to recognize my Blu-ray, HD-DVD and DVD iso rips and they show up in Movies tab. Blu-Rays and DVDs play no problem, even got hi def audio codecs to work correctly...but not the HD-DVDs. Won't play at all. Did a bunch of searches but don't seem to be able to find a solution so hope its ok to ask here...
Considdering that HD-DVD was abandoned in 2008, I can't see any real motivation to include HD-DVD support in Kodi. Especially if you consider what an uphill technical battle it's been just to get Blu-Rays working nice in Kodi.
Yup, like I said "legacy"...

No worries, I can replace them eventually with Blu-ray rips...figured I'd ask first.

Also, I use TMT5 to play the HD-DVDs in Windows Media Center as a third party app...just curious if TMT is a potential solution with KODI?

Thx
I have quite a few Full hd - dvd my rips and they all play fine including hd audio.
are they HD-DVD ISOs?

Any special Kodi settings I need to be aware of?
if your hd-dvd isos are an encrypted, 1:1 copy that could be the problem
(2015-01-26, 23:11)drpizznock Wrote: if your hd-dvd isos are an encrypted, 1:1 copy that could be the problem

I too am unable to play HD-DVD iso in Kodi. They are unencrypted.
my hd dvd rips are all mkv's
Created my HD-DVD's iso's with AnyDVD-HD. They play perfectly well with TMT3 and TMT5 but not Kodi. Don't think they're encrypted.

But like I said above, if Kodi doesn't support HD DVDs on its own but there's a workaround using TMT as a third party player, I can live with that. Can anyone confirm that and then direct me to where I can read up on how to set that up?
@jclamster: Do you know if your HD-DVD iso's play with PowerDVD? I think they don't, but I could re-install TMT5 if need be. I have about 60 discs, but I wouldn't mind having a few ripped to iso if that'll work.
@bruce7373:
1. I don't know if my HD-DVD iso's play with PowerDVD, I've never used it.
2. Before installing KODI I used to use Windows Media Center with TMT5 and it worked fine for both my BD's and HD-DVDs.
3. Now with KODI my BD's play fine and the HD-DVDs just lay there and do nada.
4. I don't use TMT-5 anymore, KODI doesn't need it to play my BD's...do I need to tell KODI to use TMT-5 for my HD-DVD's? If so, not sure how to do that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Legacy HD-DVDs won't play on Kodi?0