access shared folders when pc is hibernating
So here is my dilema, my pc has to be on all the time which is costing a lot of money on electicityso what i would like to know is, Can i use Kodi on my device upstairs to access movies and Tv series stored on my pc when it is either sleeping or hibernating or would i have to get a NAS drive to be able to do that?
If you mean can you wake up the downstairs pc automatically when kodi starts upstairs then sure.

Wake on Lan is what you're looking for.
Wake_on_lan (wiki)
Add-on:Advanced_Wake_On_Lan (wiki)
Thats kind of what i mean so yes and no, I would like to turn the pc off but not compleatly, i just want to access the HDD on the pc as we use Kodi upstairs all night, cause cartoons help my wee man to go to sleep, don't really want to have the pc on overnight so i'm now thinking that a NAS drive connected to my router would be the best way to go
You can't access a hard drive on a pc that's asleep, so if you go that route you have to wake it. But the pc can be set to go back to sleep, no need to have it on all night.
Managed to sort it for what i needed,
I had a TP link router with 2 usbs, so i've pluged in a 1TB HDD to it and kodi can access it Smile
now i can turn my pc off at night

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
access shared folders when pc is hibernating0