kodi PVR menu item lost
Using nightly build PVR menu item no longer present after upgrading to Jan 31, 2015 nightly build. No error messages when running program. Using mythtv backend. Worked untill today. pvr.mythtv enabled and Live TV enabled in kodi. mythtv backend working with mythtv frontend.
In confluence I believe the TV menu item doesn't show up unless the pvr addon is actually working. So my guess is that something in the nightly broke the pvr addon.

Does your log show it successfully starting?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Below is relevant log -

Luc Barrière
19:05:43 T:139664107308800 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)OpenConnection: failed to connect with any version
19:05:43 T:139664107308800 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Failed to connect to MythTV backend on 127.0.0.1:6543
19:05:43 T:139664107308800 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client:
19:05:43 T:139664107308800 ERROR: PVR - couldn't get the capabilities for add-on 'unknown'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière
Is myth running on the same machine?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes (ubuntu 14.04 studio).
(2015-02-01, 02:21)abrombo Wrote: Yes (ubuntu 14.04 studio).

What version of mythtv are you using ?

What do you get if put this into a local browser

http://localhost:6544/Myth/GetConnectionInfo

the response should be something like

Code:
<ConnectionInfo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.1" serializerVersion="1.1">
<Version>
<Version>v0.28-pre-2580-g5cbcc41</Version>
<Branch>master</Branch>
<Protocol>84</Protocol>
<Binary>0.28.20150126-1</Binary>
<Schema>1336</Schema>
</Version>
<Database>
<Host>192.168.0.20</Host>
<Ping>true</Ping>
<Port>3306</Port>
<UserName>mythtv</UserName>
<Password>********</Password>
<Name>mythconverg</Name>
<Type>QMYSQL</Type>
<LocalEnabled>false</LocalEnabled>
<LocalHostName/>
</Database>
<WOL>
<Enabled>false</Enabled>
<Reconnect>0</Reconnect>
<Retry>5</Retry>
<Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
</WOL>
</ConnectionInfo>

if version is 0.28 there was a change to myth-backend a few days ago which requires an update to pvr.mythtv, which is being worked on.

Mike
People really should stick with 0.27. I cannot understand this rush to use unreleased software.
Version 0.28. I will try to revert to 0.27

<ConnectionInfo version="1.1" serializerVersion="1.1"><Version><Version>v0.28-pre-2580-g5cbcc41</Version><Branch>master</Branch><Protocol>84</Protocol><Binary>0.28.20150126-1</Binary><Schema>1336</Schema></Version><Database><Host>::1</Host><Ping>true</Ping><Port>3306</Port><UserName>mythtv</UserName><Password>mythtv</Password><Name>mythconverg</Name><Type>QMYSQL</Type><LocalEnabled>false</LocalEnabled><LocalHostName/></Database><WOL><Enabled>false</Enabled><Reconnect>0</Reconnect><Retry>5</Retry><Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command></WOL></ConnectionInfo>
(2015-02-01, 17:24)abrombo Wrote: Version 0.28. I will try to revert to 0.27

<ConnectionInfo version="1.1" serializerVersion="1.1"><Version><Version>v0.28-pre-2580-g5cbcc41</Version><Branch>master</Branch><Protocol>84</Protocol><Binary>0.28.20150126-1</Binary><Schema>1336</Schema></Version><Database><Host>::1</Host><Ping>true</Ping><Port>3306</Port><UserName>mythtv</UserName><Password>mythtv</Password><Name>mythconverg</Name><Type>QMYSQL</Type><LocalEnabled>false</LocalEnabled><LocalHostName/></Database><WOL><Enabled>false</Enabled><Reconnect>0</Reconnect><Retry>5</Retry><Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command></WOL></ConnectionInfo>

pvr.mythtv source code on https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons has been updated to work with 0.28 Protocol 84. I have been running it since late yesterday with no problems. Note that it is ONLY compatible with Kodi 15 (which is in alpha), should not be a problem, your previous post indicated you were using nightly builds of Kodi.

You could build this yourself using info at http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource

Replace the line git clone -b helix git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git with
git clone -b master git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Mike
Thank you. I will try that after unmessing up mythtv.
I am now running mythtv 0.27 backend and kodi 15.0 alpha nightly builds. kodi pvr mythtv works, but channels and channel numbers are scrambled (wrong channel number associated with channel and channel listing incomplete). The channel number is not scrambled when using the mythtv frontend. mythtv backend obtains channels and schedule from "schedules direct". Again the tuner is a Ceton infinitv 4 with Verizon cablecard.
(2015-02-05, 20:25)abrombo Wrote: I am now running mythtv 0.27 backend and kodi 15.0 alpha nightly builds. kodi pvr mythtv works, but channels and channel numbers are scrambled (wrong channel number associated with channel and channel listing incomplete). The channel number is not scrambled when using the mythtv frontend. mythtv backend obtains channels and schedule from "schedules direct". Again the tuner is a Ceton infinitv 4 with Verizon cablecard.

In Kodi
Goto System>Settings>Live TV make sure Settings level is set to Advanced then goto General and select "Use backend channel numbers...."

Mike
Thank that worked well. Two more questions with regard to 15.0alpha -

1. What is the status of closed captions for digital channels. Turning on subtitles for the channel does nothing (I am not demuxing the signal).

2. Some channels (standard def) that I can acquire with the mythtv frontend will not open when using kodi. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi PVR menu item lost0