How do I download trailers only?
OK, I've downloaded and installed EMM v 1.4.0.7-4. After going through the settings, I'm now able to activate the option to download trailers for marked movies. Unfortunately, I am still having some issues.
  • I am not being asked to identify individual movies - my movies are named well, so there might not be ambiguity, but...

• Incorrect trailers are being downloaded. eg, Son of God (2014) -> Son of a Gun (2014) and 42 (2013) -> 12 O'Clock Boys (2013). So far, there hasn't been a case of the correct trailer being downloaded. In both of the examples above, the movies have trailers on Apple, which is currently (and by default) the first trailer scraper (although maybe we're falling through to another scraper since my preferred resolution is 360p).

• trailers are being renamed to [moviename or foldername]-trailer.extension. The -trailer suffix is absolutely perfect for me, but I would prefer that the file be titled as it was when downloaded. eg, "theatrical trailer 1-trailer.mov" or "clip 1 tv promo-trailer.mov" or whatever, so that I can have multiple "extras" for each title. Even trailer-trailer.extension would be preferable for me, so the extra would show up named as "trailer" instead of "Son of God (2014)". This isn't a big deal, since I can script up a batch rename, but it would be nice to have the original filename.

• Every time I scrape a movie, the setting "[File Naming] -> [Frodo/Helix]" becomes checked. I am having a .nfo file created in each scraped movie's folder - I assume it's because the xbmc setting keeps reverting. I would prefer there to be no .nfo files created, since some of my other software will pick them up and override existing metadata with them. Son of God (2014).nfo, for example, looks like this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <id />
      <title>Son of God</title>
      <dateadded>2015-02-1 10:38:32</dateadded>
    </movie>
    Again, I can script for these to be deleted with external utilities, but it would be more convenient if I didn't have to.
Can any or all of these things be easily addressed by correcting my settings?

Thanks so much,
Addler

Messages In This Thread
How do I download trailers only? - by Addler - 2015-02-01, 04:48
RE: How do I download trailers only? - by Addler - 2015-02-01, 19:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I download trailers only?1