computer wont power up after suspend
Hi. I Downloaded kodi last night. Bit new to this and ended up clicking on suspend in the power options by mistake.
My computer now seems to be asleep and wont wake up. Tried unplugging the lead and loading the windows disk, with no luck.
The mother board light is on, and the fans work (psu, cpu and case fans)
power light on the case is not on, and there is no signal to the screen, keyboard or mouse. cant even get the bios to come on as it's not starting up at all. The only thing that seems to be working on this computer now is all the fans. windows 7 professional with asus motherboard.

Any help would be much appreciated
I had this happen to a Gigabyte FM1 motherboard, it wasn't Kodi related of course since Kodi just asks Windows to suspend, it's Windows that does the suspension. Anyway, the only fix was to entire pop out the CMOS battery and reinsert it.
(2015-02-06, 20:14)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I had this happen to a Gigabyte FM1 motherboard, it wasn't Kodi related of course since Kodi just asks Windows to suspend, it's Windows that does the suspension. Anyway, the only fix was to entire pop out the CMOS battery and reinsert it.

Brilliant!! Worked a treat.
Thanks very much.
So a bigger issue is your motherboard may have a defect in ACPI, either that or you should disable all suspend settings in BIOS since windows has built in power management already and can cause conflict issues if using both win and BIOS.
(2015-02-07, 14:26)k4sh1n Wrote: So a bigger issue is your motherboard may have a defect in ACPI, either that or you should disable all suspend settings in BIOS since windows has built in power management already and can cause conflict issues if using both win and BIOS.

I was able to repeat my issue twice, Gigabyte told me there was no such bug with the firmware. This was during initial testing, the machine soon became a 24/7 server as WELL as a Kodi/Steam machine so it lost any need to hibernate so I just havn't used S3 or S4 in almost 3 years.
Oops, I was directing the post to the OP. However awesome on your part in managing to re-purpose your hardware as a server (no requirement for S3/S4), when most would have simply binned.

(A big fan of using DIY'ers instead of contributing to landfill Smile
(2015-02-08, 05:33)k4sh1n Wrote: Oops, I was directing the post to the OP. However awesome on your part in managing to re-purpose your hardware as a server (no requirement for S3/S4), when most would have simply binned.

(A big fan of using DIY'ers instead of contributing to landfill Smile

It wasn't so much a 'repurpose' but an extended purposes. It started as a single XBMC box that had it's own HDDs and I copied the media from where I sourced it from. So turning it off when not in use was fine. But theeeeeen I put SickBeard and Couchpotato on it, so it made sense to leave it running. Then I got more than one box and it would ruin MySQL. Then I added Transmission, another reason to leave this box running 24/7. At this point it's also the general purpose fileserver for my apartment so it does more than media and even sometimes does Cinema 4D Team Renders. ...and it's STILL the Kodi box for my bedroom the entire time. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
computer wont power up after suspend0