HOW TO: connect to wifi manually in OSMC
this is a short guide on how to connect to wifi manually
please note that i have gathered information from the web, and, im not good at linux/ssh

1, open terminal in OSMC (this can be done by goto power in OSMC and hit exit, then spam "ESC" button"
username: osmc
password: osmc

2 write in and hit "enter" one after one:

connmanctl

technologies

enable wifi
"here it will probably say anything like wifi is allready on"

scan wifi

agent on

services
This will list found networks, then use connect with the long string to the right of the network you're trying to connect to - for example

connect wifi_Something here_managed_psk
Tip: you can use tab completion so you don't have to type every character.

then write:
exit

and then:
reboot

got the info from:

https://osmc.tv/help/wiki/login

and

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/enable-wifi-under-gui/430/4
Did d this and my USB wifi adapter started flashing... After reboot where do I type my wpa2 password?
(2015-02-10, 13:11)CosyCat Wrote: Did d this and my USB wifi adapter started flashing... After reboot where do I type my wpa2 password?

Hallo there, it should say somewhere, "set passphase" in the terminal
I'm just wondering why you are re-posting this very specific OSMC setup information that has nothing really to do with Kodi, on a Kodi specific forum?

I think you need to get some things straight before you continue.
OSMC specific information is kept on the OSMC forums, Kodi specific information is kept here. Please stop cross "contaminating" the forums with unimportant stuff across forums.
(2015-02-11, 01:51)renesdk Wrote: I'm just wondering why you are re-posting this very specific OSMC setup information that has nothing really to do with Kodi, on a Kodi specific forum?

I think you need to get some things straight before you continue.
OSMC specific information is kept on the OSMC forums, Kodi specific information is kept here. Please stop cross "contaminating" the forums with unimportant stuff across forums.

its not so *very OSMC specific* since OpenELEC and Geexbox uses connman since years and its avaible as a light Networkmanager replacenment on Arch, Ubuntu and many other distros, this information can be usefull on this other distros too (at least if you want/must setup the network from commandline, because you dont have access to the GUI.
greetings, Stephan

Hi there,

I have a big question, I am configuring the Rpi for a holiday house and as you can guess, the wifi router is out of range, I have all the wifi settings and I want to pre-configure all for there.

How can I do that?

thanks

Daniel
Bring a keyboard with you, and you can do this when you get there.
Preconfiguration is not possible unless you know the MAC address of the router before you get there or you use OSMC's preseeder.

You can use OSMC's preseeder by entering WiFi details with the OSMC installer (see osmc.tv/download) before you boot the device, and they are used on first run.
Thank you, this procedure allow me to fix my wifi network settings using SSH and Wire network.

(2015-02-08, 21:36)filledk Wrote: this is a short guide on how to connect to wifi manually
please note that i have gathered information from the web, and, im not good at linux/ssh

1, open terminal in OSMC (this can be done by goto power in OSMC and hit exit, then spam "ESC" button"
username: osmc
password: osmc

2 write in and hit "enter" one after one:

connmanctl

technologies

enable wifi
"here it will probably say anything like wifi is allready on"

scan wifi

agent on

services
This will list found networks, then use connect with the long string to the right of the network you're trying to connect to - for example

connect wifi_Something here_managed_psk
Tip: you can use tab completion so you don't have to type every character.

then write:
exit

and then:
reboot

got the info from:

https://osmc.tv/help/wiki/login

and

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/enable-wifi-under-gui/430/4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: connect to wifi manually in OSMC0