• 8(current)
Audio passthru on Fire TV
Hi, Does anyone have any more ideas about a fix here? I've got a Sony STR-DA5400ES receiver and can't get surround to work with HDMI on either version of the Fire TV. It works with my Yamaha receivers and my old Logitech computer surround system. The Sony has auto detection and it just goes to Linear PCM and stereo. Everything else works on the Fire TV. I.m running The Beast on 16.1.

Thanks, folks
No help can be given as you are using Banned Kodi Addons: (Beast)

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

(2016-11-16, 03:05)wrxtasy Wrote: No help can be given as you are using Banned Kodi Addons: (Beast)

Wow, I am so sorry - I had no idea! If anyone wants to suggest another I'd be all ears. If I should delete that post, please let me know.

And thank you -
My solution was to leave it as 2 channel and select pass through with Dolby capable on, Dolby transcoding on and DTS capable on. and it gives me multi channel audio. Also I turned off keep audio device alive. Fire TV 2. Kodi 16.1

Sent from my X15
(2016-11-17, 04:27)Peter Doubt Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 03:05)wrxtasy Wrote: No help can be given as you are using Banned Kodi Addons: (Beast)

Wow, I am so sorry - I had no idea! If anyone wants to suggest another I'd be all ears. If I should delete that post, please let me know.

And thank you -

I think what is being said is that "builds" or add-ons that contain "piracy" are not to be mentioned here. I think most people on these boards do their own builds, or if they don't then they just don't mention what build they use. You should learn to do your own really - much better Smile
No, most people here use the vanilla build (or one of the approved versions of it produced by Team Kodi members) and then set it up as they wish. Those are not builds, they are configurations or set ups.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-11-22, 12:04)OptimusGREEN Wrote: My solution was to leave it as 2 channel and select pass through with Dolby capable on, Dolby transcoding on and DTS capable on. and it gives me multi channel audio. Also I turned off keep audio device alive. Fire TV 2. Kodi 16.1

Sent from my X15 (typie typie)

My Fire TV updated sometime this morning. I didn't change anything in Kodi but the audio settings on the FireTV were back at default settings and I was getting the fuzz sound for DTS streams. I think the only change from my original Kodi setup was setting the 'keep alive' to always on. Now it's back to working! Thanks so much!
(2016-12-14, 04:33)Nontheist Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 12:04)OptimusGREEN Wrote: My solution was to leave it as 2 channel and select pass through with Dolby capable on, Dolby transcoding on and DTS capable on. and it gives me multi channel audio. Also I turned off keep audio device alive. Fire TV 2. Kodi 16.1

My Fire TV updated sometime this morning. I didn't change anything in Kodi but the audio settings on the FireTV were back at default settings and I was getting the fuzz sound for DTS streams. I think the only change from my original Kodi setup was setting the 'keep alive' to always on. Now it's back to working! Thanks so much!
No worries. Glad I could help.

Sent from my X15
(2016-12-14, 09:20)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 04:33)Nontheist Wrote:

So which is it? Keep audio device alive on or off?
(2017-03-29, 18:46)Peter Doubt Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 09:20)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 04:33)Nontheist Wrote: My Fire TV updated sometime this morning. I didn't change anything in Kodi but the audio settings on the FireTV were back at default settings and I was getting the fuzz sound for DTS streams. I think the only change from my original Kodi setup was setting the 'keep alive' to always on. Now it's back to working! Thanks so much!

So which is it? Keep audio device alive on or off?
Off.

Sent from my X15
Thanks, still not working for me.
Are you running Jarvis or Krypton? Krypton has dropped support for passthrough on android if the device isn't adhering to official android audio protocols. The info above was in regards to Jarvis.

Sent from my X15
I was running Jarvis but since then went to Krypton. I just switched to SPMC and even that isn't working. I think it may just be this receiver (Sony STR-DA5400ES).
I had to factory reset my fire TV for those settings above to work as i had keep audio device alive on which seemed to mess it up.

Sent from my X15
(2017-03-30, 08:36)OptimusGREEN Wrote: I had to factory reset my fire TV for those settings above to work as i had keep audio device alive on which seemed to mess it up.

Thanks - I'll try that....
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthru on Fire TV1