kodi slow to load thumbnails on addons - only curiosity because i have already solved
only curiosity because i have already solved.
at a certain time my kodi became slow to load and new thumbnails on my addons.
looking at debug log no strange things happen. i read old posts about this but they were too old so i renamed my kodi folder under users to have a fresh install.
i restored under kodi my addons folder and under userdata my addon_data folder and .xml files. i also restored my video and music library from setting.
after this the problem was solved.
from where the problem is arrived? any idea?
i repeat just curiosity.
have a nice day.
i'm on windows 7, kodi 14.1
Peppe
Not sure what you're referencing on YouTube, or how it enters the picture? Perhaps the link is gone or I didn't see it, half blind as I am.

Considering the issue has been dealt with, finding a mysterious gliche that is no longer; is tricky. I might suggest that the computer cycles where busy doing other tasks, or the newer thumbnails were so large and the system was busy re-formating them to local bite size. In a lot of case, I've learned to browse the thumbnail collection for corrupted images that cause problems for the featch, I'm really not sure how the images get corrupted, but on occasion all you need is one or two bad apples to slow it all down as the gpu or cpu tries to make sense of a corrupted file/database. Your restoration would seem to prove this out, because most of the issues vaporized on a restore.

Everyday I wake up is a nice day, Thank-you
I would have to choose a better title
haven't posted my log.
i refer to youtube or other addons and the thumbnails shown. after i search something thumbnails take a lot of time to be shown.
i'm sure you are right, maybe a corrupted db.
thanks for your reply.
Peppe
I had the same problem on Libreelec with addons (e.g. Youtube).
The problem was the slow USB flash drive.
When I moved /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db file and directory ../Thumbnails into a ramdisk, so it was good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi slow to load thumbnails on addons - only curiosity because i have already solved0