Reset of settings in OpenELEC 5.0.2 / Kodi 14.1
I don't know what is going on but I don't like it.
I've installed a CEC-adapter yesterday and I had to boot a lot of times to test things. I saw that settings were reset. I set everything back to my settings. So far so good.

I booted up this morning and I notices there wasn't audio. I went to settings and saw that output was back to Analog instead of HDMI-0. When I looked further: everything was back to default! Live TV off, skin back to Confluence (instead of CCM Helix), everything (!). What is going on? I don't like this.

I saw this in the kodi.log:
10:40:31 T:140032046389120 ERROR: CSettingsManager: unable to load settings from special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new default settings
Did you clearly reboot before? It sounds like your old settings file got corrupted and that's why Kodi created a new one.
(2015-02-15, 12:25)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you clearly reboot before? It sounds like your old settings file got corrupted and that's why Kodi created a new one.

I did reboot before indeed. But it's not the first time it got corrupted, like you say. Yesterday it happened also a couple of times. I didn't really noticed because I was testing the CEC stuff.
Sorry, I meant to say cleanly. As in, did the system have time to shut down or was it a quick power off and power back on?
(2015-02-15, 13:03)Ned Scott Wrote: Sorry, I meant to say cleanly. As in, did the system have time to shut down or was it a quick power off and power back on?
I used reboot. Or within the iPhone app "Shutdown". So yes. That makes it strange.
Are you using the usb from tv for power?
Sounds like guisettings.xml was being written too during shutdown
For the CEC? No, I use the AsRock ION's power for that.
But has the CEC module something to do with it? I did not state that.

There is something going on with the file. But I've shutdown XBMC/Kodi "bad" in the past, I've never saw a reset in the settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset of settings in OpenELEC 5.0.2 / Kodi 14.10