Help with music playback options and remote
First, to the author - unbelievable! Love this skin. So clean. So brilliant. Thank you for showing some awesomeness in design!

Now to my challenge. (Disclaimer: I'm new to Openelec, Raspberry Pi, and hell, even Linux really).

I use HDMI CEC and by default my LG remote for my smart tv allows me to basically do everything i need without any key mapping (yay! i'm a novice, remember) Smile. But i can't get to the menu at the bottom of the music playback to do things like set repeat, shuffle etc - i need to plug in a mouse at present to do that. which isn't really an ongoing option.

If i'm playing a movie and i click 'ok' on the remote it brings up the bottom menu for stop, pause fwd and back etc and i can select what i need. But if i click the same remote button when playing music at the visualisation screen, it just comes up with an overlay saying 'visulaisation presets'. if i plug in a mouse i can bring it up by moving the mouse down.

Is there a way i can bring this menu up from the remote? It's very sleek UI design to have it auto hide etc but i can't bring it up without a mouse. is there a key i could map perhaps? but map to what? what's the command ot bring up that menu?

Hoping there is a simple fix. i did systematically try every one of the 40 or so buttons, so i'm pretty sure i can't do it without mapping something or changing a setting somewhere. as you can imagine, shuffle and repeat are pretty damn important functions for music. And i love this skin - don't want to give up on using it.

Any help greatly appreciated!
seems like your TV doesn't forward the "menu" button via CEC which is usually used to trigger the OSD menu. But no worries, you can change the keymap for the visualisation window (that's how fullscreen music view is internally called). Just have a look here how to create a custom keymap to override default actions:
http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Using OpenElec you can access the mentioned "userdata" folder from the wiki also via SMB. So if you have a Windows PC simply enter the IP-address of your PI in the Windows Explorer (or look for it in the network section) and you'll see the "userdata" folder available as network drive for easy access.
Hmmm. Thanks. I'll give it a try. What's weird to me is it sends the menu command when i'm watching a movie, just not music. So the concern is if i have to remap it won't that mean it may not work for movies? Anyway, no harm in trying. I have accessed via smb, so getting to the file shouldn't be an issue. I'll try it and see.

EDIT> Sorry, i just realised from your post and the link i can set it per window. That should help. Now just to work out the link and what the right button is on the remote... Smile
FYI - I sent a pull request to fix this in core as it also bugged me when I used CEC on my LG TV. See PR6459

edit: please note that you have to override the "remote" keymap because CEC is handled like a remote and not like a keyboard. And yes, you can change the key mapping per window
Sorted. Thanks da-anda - you gave me enough to go on. i had to work out the actual command to send in the visualisation window - it wasn't clear. it was 'osd'. i ended up finding the keymap editor gui program and installed that. it was a big help as i had no idea what the button presses on my remote translated to. All sorted now. Thanks!
ah right, forgot about that nice addon. great it worked for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with music playback options and remote0