Xbmc Stays Stuck On Opening Files For Streaming Movie Through Network
Does the 2.01 release have any additional RTV logging? If so should I post another log?

I will have the time to do it tomorrow or this weekend for sure.

M
I just thought i should mention that I have the demux_open problem too. It is not consistent though. Never had the problem via samba, but since that is broken against Vista I had to resort to upnp. I've tried both WMP11 and TVersity, and the problem appears with both. It is not consistent however. Sometimes the file will stream, and sometimes not. A restart often fix it.
Does it have some connection with this issue here? Apperantly spiff fixed that demux_open bug...
I have a very similar problem to this.

For certain files, when I try opening them, it says "AVI format detected," then moves to, typically, but not always,

"opening.... mpeg 2 layer 3...", or something like that, and hangs.

If i try to hit cancel, it doesn't work. It always requires a reboot.

It has also gotten stuck on the "demux" thing, and also today on something about "endian"...

The weird thing is this: it only does this for certain files, and always for those files. I can play 3 out of 4, but then a specific movie won't play, no matter what. I actually got one of the movies to play off a DVD, but for some reason, certain movies WILL NOT stream via smb!!! This is true of probably 10 different video files I have - all of them xvid.
Ignore me... for whatever reason, I can't edit my previous comment, but I figured it out - memory. Seems like a lot of people have that problem, and I couldn't seem to stumble onto it with search. Got it figured out now. Sorry
I've posted a formal bug report at sourceforge and uploaded two logfiles

Sourceforgehttps://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph...tid=581838

Hope this helps

M
Big Grin 
I had the same problem, any video I played over the network would freeze.

Read on one of the forums that the problem is that the xbox is running out of memory.
I went to the CACHE settings in XBMC and decreased a few of the settings, works %100 now.

I read that this is most common with HD display settings.

Hope this helps!

Merry Christmas!!
I gotta get to bed, I think I just heard Santa!!
You didnt hear santa... we have him tied up in our basement and my wife is giving him electroshock.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc Stays Stuck On Opening Files For Streaming Movie Through Network0