Support for EDL (Edit Decision List chapter lists)?
elupus Wrote:have never tried to get mute support working for mplayer. it's never been needed before. i bet it doesn't work when playing using passthrough, but might work with standard analog sources.

I'm not following you on that. Is there something I could do to test that hypothesis?
AC3/DTS passthrough will not work. thus if you disable digital out, it could potentially work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Checked my settings in XBMC. Analog only. Or is that not the analog/digital setting to which you were referring?
that was what i was referring too yea.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
Hello all,

As a long time user of XBMC on the XBOX I was exited to move to a new HTPC running XBMC so that I could take advantage of my HD media. One thing that I truly miss is the support for EDL or other cut list type files for removing the commercials from recorded TV.

Currently I have edl and vprj files created for every recorded show. When playing one of these shows with the EDL option enabled for XBMC, skipping forward just brings me back to the beginning and if I just let it play, it freezes at the first cut point. This applies to HD and SD mpeg2 files created by SageTV. The same SD files work on the XBOX.

I'm currently at work, but plan on upping to the latest SVN tonight and posting a debug log if it will help out.

I did a search and couldn't find any EDL or other comskip type threads in the Windows forum. Am I the only one missing this?

Please don't take this post as a dig to the developers, I'm just curious and couldn't find info already in the forum.

Thanks everything.
Debug log to show the problems with skipping and freezing when EDL is enabled.

http://pastebin.com/m4f862ca
david81 Wrote:Hello all,

As a long time user of XBMC on the XBOX I was exited to move to a new HTPC running XBMC so that I could take advantage of my HD media. One thing that I truly miss is the support for EDL or other cut list type files for removing the commercials from recorded TV.

Currently I have edl and vprj files created for every recorded show. When playing one of these shows with the EDL option enabled for XBMC, skipping forward just brings me back to the beginning and if I just let it play, it freezes at the first cut point. This applies to HD and SD mpeg2 files created by SageTV. The same SD files work on the XBOX.

I'm currently at work, but plan on upping to the latest SVN tonight and posting a debug log if it will help out.

I did a search and couldn't find any EDL or other comskip type threads in the Windows forum. Am I the only one missing this?

Please don't take this post as a dig to the developers, I'm just curious and couldn't find info already in the forum.

Thanks everything.

Does it work when you use DVDPlayer on XBox, instead of the default MPlayer?
DVDPlayer support for EDL is somewhat experimental, so it might be that a previous DVDPlayer update broke EDL support.
I'll check that out when I get home tonight. I still have one XBOX running.

Should I update it to the most recent SVN? The current build that is on it is a few weeks old.
Seems that the issue does definitely lie in DVDPlayer. The same file that plays fine with MPlayer exhibits the same freezing and inability to skip when playing with DVDPLayer on the XBOX.

Should I create a ticket on trac for this? The current ticket is just for XBOX I believe.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5048
analogue Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5048

Thanks much. I added my debug log to the ticket

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for EDL (Edit Decision List chapter lists)?0