Support for EDL (Edit Decision List chapter lists)?
Is there any reason I couldn't use an EDL created by someone else though? I mean certainly I would have to have a copy of the video the EDL was created for but if that EDL was created for, let's say, the widescreen version of "Jurassic Park Special Edition" there would be hundreds of thousands of people that could benefit from that EDL file.

Is there something I'm missing here?
omatase Wrote:Is there any reason I couldn't use an EDL created by someone else though? I mean certainly I would have to have a copy of the video the EDL was created for but if that EDL was created for, let's say, the widescreen version of "Jurassic Park Special Edition" there would be hundreds of thousands of people that could benefit from that EDL file.

Is there something I'm missing here?

An EDL is just a text file, so yes, you can use it.
No-one publishes them though.
I know from reading around on this forum that EDLs are supported by mplayer in recent versions of XBMC. I have the 11-04-07 T3CH build of XBMC and have been successful at getting an EDL list that will skip portions of mpeg and avi files but can't get it to work for any of my ripped DVDs (I have them all in iso format). Can someone help me understand either why it won't work or what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks
A ripped dvd in iso format probably defaults to DVDPlayer instead of Mplayer
Jezz_X Wrote:A ripped dvd in iso format probably defaults to DVDPlayer instead of Mplayer

Yes, the DVDPlayer core is not supported, because the DVDPlayer doesn't have EDL logic built in.
How does stacking work in XBMC?
Are the stacked files opened in sequence or all at once?

I always use an EDL for a single file, so I have no idea if stacking in combination with an EDL would work.
opened in sequence - the actual mediaplayer doesnt really know that it is playing a stack, it's all a hack in our playlistplayer
spiff Wrote:opened in sequence - the actual mediaplayer doesnt really know that it is playing a stack, it's all a hack in our playlistplayer

Great, edl's should work fine then.
apart from any cut segments from earlier parts wont be reflected in the total playtime
spiff Wrote:apart from any cut segments from earlier parts wont be reflected in the total playtime

How is the total playtime calculated?

I'm currently trying to get EDL to work for DVDPlayer, and did a some rework on the existing code. I rewrote GetTime and GetTotaltime to return the time minus all EDL cuts.
hmm, okay.

if the cut segments are reflected in GetTime and GetTotalTime() it should work just fine. total time is calculated by
1) opening each movie file
2) adding together the running lengths.

this is done the first time you play a stack, the results are saved in stacktimes in the db
spiff Wrote:hmm, okay.

if the cut segments are reflected in GetTime and GetTotalTime() it should work just fine. total time is calculated by
1) opening each movie file
2) adding together the running lengths.

this is done the first time you play a stack, the results are saved in stacktimes in the db

Ah, we should be okay, as long as the EDLs for the movie segments aren't changed.
yea, we might have to store some last change date of the edl file during the stack timing generation. then again same aught to be done for the actual file too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can anyone confirm that EDL support still works on the 2008-02-24 SVN rev11787 build? I have loads of mpg files that I recorded with SageTV and I use ShowAnalyzer to flag the commercials/create edl files. I haven't been able to get XBMC to skip any commercials though. I also tried using comskip (comskip79_118) on a couple of shows but saw no change in behavior.

The edl files are all of the form:

showtitle-episode.mpg
showtitle-episode.edl

Any idea?
dwalton22 Wrote:Can anyone confirm that EDL support still works on the 2008-02-24 SVN rev11787 build? I have loads of mpg files that I recorded with SageTV and I use ShowAnalyzer to flag the commercials/create edl files. I haven't been able to get XBMC to skip any commercials though. I also tried using comskip (comskip79_118) on a couple of shows but saw no change in behavior.

The edl files are all of the form:

showtitle-episode.mpg
showtitle-episode.edl

Any idea?

The EDL code hasn't changed so it should still work.
I use comskip, and have no problems using EDLs.

Can you post a copy of a non-working edl?
You can also check the debug logging for EDL messages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for EDL (Edit Decision List chapter lists)?0