Linux MCE remote not recognized after boot
Hi,
Guys, sorry for posting here, but OE forums are not really helpful (unfortunately) but many users asked about this, but no answer, anything, and here I always received excellent help!
I understand that it might be related to the Openelec, but I'm n00b to Linux, so your help would be very much appreciated, perhaps it's just a simple command line or file editSmile

I have an ASRock ION board, itx case, everything working superfine with latest OE. I'm using the HP USB receiver and remote, also works fine, up until the first restart. The remote is not responding. I unplug and put the receiver into the same USB port (or any other) and it starts working immediately. I tired all the USB ports, no luck. Wife refuses to use the system, and to be hones, can't blame her, I'm also very frustratedSad
Remote works fine on Windows.

What could be the problem? Logs might help? How should I post logs, after system start, and after I replug the usb and start working again?

Many thanks!
Start with looking through the output of

dmesg | pastebinit

For possible hardware issues.
Many thanks! I'll check this. So I SSH into box, and just issue the command dmesg? Or how should I do that?
Should I do this when the remote is working or when it is not working? And I should paste the dmesg output here?
Issue the whole command and it will give you a web link... Look through it when the remote doesn't work, keep an eye out for errors relating to USB.
Ok, i will do this and see. Will post here the log. It would be so great to resolve this!
@teeedubb
The first command issued after powering on the system, MCE remote not working.

http://sprunge.us/QNEK

Then unplugged the MCE receiver and plugged back to the same port, everything working immediately.

http://sprunge.us/QEVM

What do you think, what can be the reason for not recognizing the USB MCE on cold boot. It works when issuing a restart of system.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote not recognized after boot0