Double episodes in libary
I have in the library a few TV shows with double episodes. anyone have an idea how it can be solved?

Using a raspberry Pi

Grz Michel
What is a "double episode"?

* Do you mean that the same episode is listed twice in Kodi? Try cleaning the library to remove duff items (System \ Settings \ Video \ Library \ Clean Library... (need Expert Mode On in the Settings to find this Clean option)

* Or do you mean you have one video file which holds two episodes of a show? If this, then rename it as SHOWNAME.s01e01e02.mkvwill tell Kodi that this video is both episode One and Two.
Oh Sorry, I mean that some episodes listed twice. when i removed them, they return at the next scan.
hope you understand my english...
When you "Update Library" it only adds items. It does not remove items.

To remove old videos you need to Clean your Library.

From the Home Screen,
Select SYSTEM
Select SETTINGS
Select VIDEO
Select LIBRARY
Now click on the CLEAN LIBRARY... option on the right.

To see the above menu item, look in the bottom left corner of the settings and check you are in EXPERT mode.

Look at section 1 Library in the following link. The image in the wiki should help you find the above answer.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Library
this is not the solution. at the next scan, some tv series have again double episodes listed...
Please enable debug logging in system settings, clean the video library and start "update library" again. Pastebin (or xbmclogs.com) the entire kodi.log so we can check what's going on.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Pick an example of your double episodes.

* Do both of the duplicate episodes play?

* When in the library, highlight an episode, and press the letter <i>. Check the path - is it the same for both of the duplicated episodes?

This is just a simple check to see if these really are duplicates in Kodi.

The debugging log will make it clearer as to what is occurring here.
Check it is not just a failure to recognise the 2 items tv shows as the same thing. Of the top of my head you need to edit the title and manually choose the tv show episode ...or if it's just the one title showing twice I ended up using file manager in the system menu to remove the database and let it rebuild. .
solved....I has deleted the libary on the SD card and make a new libary.
Just adding my 2 cents (using Windows shares and Android clients):

In my case, I have noticed that the media-file links of duplicates are close NOT exactly the same... They differed in capitalized letters.
So a real path on Windows was: D:\path\Tv-show\  
Kodi source path was set : D:\path\tv-show\ 
  Or more exact: smb://192.168.0.4/D/path/tv-show
Once I have made all sources  - the exact same pathes, the problem disappeared . I have a feeling Kodi might have a bug not considering those two - as the same!!!

FYI
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25053

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double episodes in libary0